ways to get your hair to grow faster?

??? my hair ever since i had my son is growing slow, its at the bottome of my chin and i really want it to be like where my boobs are (i know tmi) any tips

lauren92

Asked by lauren92 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• The truth is that genetics determine hair growth. i guess you can try taking vitamins and cleaning up your diet. i'll trade places with you! my hair grows so fast I need to color every 3 wks and cut every 4-5!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Keep your hair hydrated and take biotin.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 10:47 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• vitamins will help. or wear your hair in a braid at night... if you can.. but not too tight.. it will cause breakage.. Mine is too my waist... And that's pretty much what I do. :O)
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 10:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I don't know about faster, but take biotin to make it fuller. I take these: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spring-Valley-120-Capsules-5000-Mcg-Ea.-Super-Potency-Biotin-Dietary-Supplement-120-CT/11047685

I had some hair loss due to WLS and those really helped. I took a lower mcg before but they didn't help nearly as much as the 5000. My hair is back to it's original thick state.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• try vitamins and a good diet. (protiens are great, biotin supplements too), but the truth is, your hair won't grow "faster" it will grow in healthier..

damaged hair can cause your hair to break off, at random places, thus making your hair seem like it's growing slower.. so be sure to also get your hair trimmed ever 4-6 weeks.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'd like to know too!! A Good healthy diet & vitamins? I lost my 3' long hair to Chemo & cancer! I'm Bald! I hate it! Good luck to what works for you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• angelinda, there isn't a lot you can do about that besides getting a wig.. however typically with chemo your hair will eventually grow back after the treatments are done.. and honestly your life is more important than your hair. (and like I said, there are always wigs).

I hope you are doing well with it either way, and good luck to you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:07 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Thanks ladies
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Stop with fast foods and processed foods, same with diet soda's. take daily vitamins and massage your scalp for 10 minutes everyday, it will grow fast.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• A good diet, water, and vitamins will help your hair grow.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 12:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010