What was your proposal like?

Was it romantic, was it just the two of you chatting away and deciding "eh let's get married?" Was it over the top or just very calm?

I guess mine was a little romantic, but it was expected. We'd picked the rings out several months before and I swear I nagged him monthly, LOL. We went to Olive Garden and he proposed there, but I always say I nagged him into it. He says no, if he didn't want to propose, he wouldn't have. Oh well, we're still married nonetheless, LOL.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• He took me to see Bride Wars for our 5th anniversary. At the end of the movie, a slide show of pictures of us, and our favorie quotes came on with Firehouses "When I look into your eyes" playing. At the end it said "Will you marry me?" and I looked over and he had a ring. Everyone started clapping, and thats when I realized all of our family and friends were there. They had been hiding in the back the whole time and had to duck everytime I looked behind me. lol. it was soooo sweet!
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• he never asked me, it was just sort agreed that we would get married. one day i was having a very bad day and feeling crappy (i was pregnate) and he told me he had a supprise and drove me to the mall and told me to pick out my ring. i ened up picking a promis ring, but it was my favorit of the ones there.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 10:52 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My hubby drug me out of the house around 11pm and wouldn't tell me where we were going. I was actually pretty annoyed and tired and was kind of bitchy all the way there lol He blindfolded me and took me out on a pier at a lake in our town and when I took the blindfold off he was on one knee with the ring. It was so sweet, and I was EXTREMELY surprised.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:57 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I said " I don't want my mother to have any control should something go wrong during delivery, we should get married... Plus, my mom said she would pay if we do it before the baby is born..." he said okay...

I was 5 months pregnant & my mother was all over us to get married... That was it... No romance, no flare, no ring...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:00 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I really didn't have a propseal. We were at a store and they were having a 70% off sale on all their fine jewelary since they were adding in more recent kinds. Well me being a girl, I had to look. I feel in love with this one, and he really didn't wanna spend the money, and made excuses. I was like what the hell, I am pregnate, we are having a kid, we have been together for 5 + years, please please please. I pretty much did that until he gave in. So I kinda bugged the hell out of him until he bought it. Then I was waiting in the car, and like ok are you gonna put it on for me? He was mad that I acted like a baby over a ring. To me I didn't see why we shouldn't have been. He never did put it on my finger, he told me to put it on myself. I remember telling him to just take it back in and return it. He wouldn't, and drove home. I remember looking out the car window in tears.
    hanna06

Answer by hanna06 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• He took me to the lake and had a picnic with my fave foods.. He made it very clear that he loved me very much & wanted to spend forever with me.. He was shaking pretty bad.. then he asked me.♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:10 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• We had just had sex and he was looking down at me and it was like a light was shining from his soul. He just said "i think we are meant to get married dont you?" mind you we had been friends a while but only romantically involved for about 12 weeks. but at that moment it was as if my whole world and life shifted in to balance. I told him I agreed and a few months later we were married.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:22 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Me and my husband to be had been to his Dad's and had dinner. He kept running to the bathroom through the whole thing, lol. Then when we got back to his house, he ran straight to the bathroom again! When he came out of the bathroom, he came into the bedroom where I was, and got down on one knee and proposed. When I said yes, we both were crying! Lol, he told me later that he had been running to the bathroom all night because his nerves had his stomach all messed up! He said he wasn't sure if I would say yes. I told him I would have said yes to him from the first date!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No proposal for me, we had been together for 7 years and had one child together. We moved in together after our son was born. I bugged him all the time. He went out of town for a year coming for work coming home occassionally. Over the 4th of July, he took me to the mall and said pick out a ring. I picked one out, we walked around with it on my finger and he said if you want the bigger one you can have it. We went back I got the bigger one he didn't put it on my finger. We got to the car and he said - I suppose this means we have to set a date and get married. It wasn't anything like I had imagined but I went with it, I still hate it and it bugs me. We had our second child before we got married. We seperated for 8 months this year, we're starting to work on our relationshp, I hope if things work out he will really ask this time or atleast to renew vows. I told my kids this story when they ask me and they were appalled
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• We were in Hawaii last year for his business conference. On the last night at this spectacular outdoor restaurant watching the sunset, he pulled out this little turquoise colored wrapped box with a ribbon. I'm so clueless, I didn't recognize it as a Tiffany (jewelry store known for their engagement rings) box. He didn't get down on one knee, so I thought it was a gift like earrings or something when I was opening it. I looked inside and it was a huge diamond solitaire and I just gasped in disbelief. I just looked at him and started kissing him. He said "Do I need to ask?" and I said "Yes, you do". So he said "Will you marry me?" and I of course said yes.

He had already told his daughters and mom what he was intending to do. So he texted them the news that I accepted and they were all excited. It was one of the best moments ever in my life!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2010