help! I dye my hair black and I hate it, I don't want to go outside!!! If I dye it again medium brown, will be the color ok?

My natural hair is dark brown, so, the medium brown will work over the black dye?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• no. but wash you hair right now.. and keep washing it.. it should help lighten up. black is the hardest color to come out! but I guess if you didn't just dye it that wont work... you can get a stripper.. it will turn your hair orange and then you have to dye it again. but only do that if your hair is in healhly condition! otherwise it's a trip to the salon... good luck girl! :O)
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 10:50 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Nothing store bought works on black hair. Trust me, I've been there. You'll either need to have it professionally done or wait it out.
    There is stronger peroxide you can get at a beauty store and mix 2 parts that with one part shampoo and wash it repeatedly in that (my MIL was a hair person and told me this). It works if the black dye isn't permanent.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• nope,the black will swallow the brown. You need to have the color stripped and recolored.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• no....best to pull the first color off. You can buy a color remover in the hair color isle. Then put the next color on. Hair Dressers?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:52 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• nothing will work on black without bleaching it back out or getting color remover.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:55 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• If you want to go back to brown from black, you NEED to see a hairdresser.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:57 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Youll need to strip the color from ur hair. Sorry girl
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• well two things may help. wash it, wash it, wash it.
    and the other get some blonde hair dye. My hair is naturally a very dark brown it looks black, i use blonde hair dye and it gets it to a lighter color brown like a honey brown.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i dyed myhair once n it turned out black!....so i feel ya!...i went n baught a dark/dirty blonde box n put over it...n it worked....it turnd it brown!.....im not sayin it will work for everyone but it worked on mine.....n ya wash it a ton of times to lighten it up also works!....goodluck!
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 11:08 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• you cant redye over a newly colored hair and i dont think you can dye over black. black does fade and washes out over time. i have black dyed hair and thats what it does
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 30, 2010