Am i the only one?

So my husband Deployed well technicaly went underway, any who every time he leaves. EVEN when we leave eachother on good terms yet sad we are forced apart..

Well, am i the only one who gets home and feels completely broken hearted as if he dumped me and never will return? even though i know he loves me and I'm gonna see him in two weeks or maybe longer
Maybe i'm just crazy and have alone issues...

Brittyt4you_

Asked by Brittyt4you_ at 11:03 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Well my husband travels to Hawaii once a month for a week. I know this is not the same thing but I used to get mad at him. I would spend half of the time mad that he left me. Now I just go right to the missing you mode. He has gone and returned so many times that I know he is coming back. I do understand your heart break. I feel for you. Keep your self busy. Good luck to you.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I am sure you are not alone.. however, you had to know marrying someone in the military and who leaves constantly, it wouldn't be easy.. I would feel the same way and why I never dated anyone in the services.. good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Your not the only one. My husband is active Army and so far we have only been through one year long deployment, and will be going through our second deployment starting in November. I felt myself resenting him for leaving me, especially on days that our DD was a total rip and just in a terrible mood. These feelings quickly passed and I realize that he is doing this for our family to live a good life, and he loves his job and is very good at what he does. Keeping it all together for our children is the most important thing to remember, as hard as it can be at times.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I am not married to a soilder. However I feel this way about my husband when he leaves for work, or even leaves to hang out a whole weekend with a friend. I get mad, I am hurt, I feel unwanted. I honestly feel just lke you said- he left me. I know this is not the case, but I want so badly him around the house more. Around the kids more. I feel like I am their worlds, and I wish they could have more daddy time too. It would be so nice to wake up to him still in the bed, and lay close to him and snuggle. Instead I wake up to a cold spot on the other side of the bed. I know this and your situations are different by a long run, but I do feel ya 100 %. I agree stay busy, it does help.
    hanna06

Answer by hanna06 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• as an army wife all i can say is get busy busy busy... fill your time or all that time will fill you... use that time to better yourself, learn a skill, further your education (I have 2 masters degrees now! haha) volunteer in your community. All of these things will go a long way to helping you feel better about yourself while your husband is away.
    if you haven't already, join the military moms group on here too... they all understand what you're feeling!!!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:23 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I was a military wife long time ago.You are not alone.Especially when you are in a different country or state from your families.Back then the other military wives were great about sticking together and helping each other.You are not crazy, you are having normal feelings.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:24 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I cannot even imagine. I don't know how you ladies do it! I would be so lost. You are a strong woman, he has not left you, he loves you...and me and all of us so much he serves for our freedom! You are blessed. Sleep in his tshirt, go through photos, do what you have to do to get you through. Write him love letters! Cheer up!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:27 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• You are not alone! Everytime my husband has to deploy or even go away to school I feel that way. But I also know that feeling wont last. The trick is to not think about it. Getting busy doing stuff...Everyone I have to say goodbye to my husband the first thing I do when I walk back into our home is have a big hard cry than I say to myself that is enough. I get up and I start cleaning because he always makes a BIG mess when he packs to leave. So I spend that day cleaning up his messes than the kids and I will pick out to watch...That feeling you have wont last forever. Just keep your head up!
    lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Get used to it! LOL..I was an Air Force wife ---my DH was in for 21 years and it was a risky job since he flew in fighter jets and had to spend TWO whole years away from me and my kids TWICE> And many TDY's for a month or two way too often. I didn't like it but I got used to it and you can too. I got to be very independent and learned how to take care of everything by myself,my kids, home repairs, bill paying ,etc. ---functioned quite well by myself and it was a good thing.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Oh, and when we got married he wasn't in the Military. After we had been married a year and he graduated from college he decided to go into the Air Force and applied to Officers' Training School....he was about to be drafted ...this was 1966 when they still had the DRAFT. SO...it wasn't a case of deciding whether or not to date a guy in the Military.
    It was tough...21 years.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2010