is popcorn safe to eat? i'm 7 weeks 5 days

Milindus

Asked by Milindus at 3:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• WHAT?!? I don't understand? Did someone really tell you that eating popcorn could harm your fetus? They were lying. Yes popcorn is safe =)
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Someone tried that crock on me too when i was preggo "blah blah chemicals in the butter blah blah blah" was basically all I heard. Well guess what? I ate a TON of popcorn when I was pregnant (unsalted and lightly buttered is best to avoid water retention) because it is a GREAT pregnancy food! At least for me it was. Eat popcorn to your hearts content my dear, just stay away from the things that are obviously bad for your child (mercury, drugs, too much caffeine, etc.)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i dont see why not... as long as u dont eat the seeds!!! lol JK....
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Of course it's okay. Who told you it wasn't? Eat up!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Oh one thing to watch out for though....You have so much extra blood in your system that all things become a little more tender, including your gums. I had a shell from a popcorn seed slide down into my gum and did not feel it until the next day when it became slightly inflamed/began to get infected. So just make sure you are aware, thats all :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I ate it EVERYDAY for about 3 months and me and baby are both fine! Enjoy!
    smp0404

Answer by smp0404 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I have been living off of popcorn and I and the baby are still fine
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 1:05 AM on Oct. 4, 2008