Breech Baby Questions

So I am 34 weeks and they did an ultrasound yesterday and found that Ari is breech! And 6.5 lbs. What are the chances she will flip by 40 weeks or delivery time? What are your experiences with it, if you have had any? I am just trying to figure out what to expect. And How much does a baby grow in the last 6 weeks or so? She is already estimated at 6.5 lbs! Which by my birth weight is huge! I was 5lbs when I was born. But my husband was 7lbs and 10 oz.

kuriequinn

Asked by kuriequinn at 11:13 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Babies can flip at any point towards the end. I've had friends whose babies were locked in position, head down at 36 weeks and then went back the next week and baby was breech and then head down again the next. Good luck with the last few weeks of your pregnancy!
    knfisch

Answer by knfisch at 2:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My last one turned really late.I tought he would be breech too.He turned at 38 weeks.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:18 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My son was breech and turned...but sideways, lol. I ended up having a c section at almost 39 weeks bc he was not turning and weighed almost 9 lbs.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:22 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• she still has time to turn and you can help. Go to spinningbabies.com we have used some of their techniques and find a chiropractor in your area that can help spin baby and adjust you to make it easier
    luvbeinmomma

Answer by luvbeinmomma at 11:32 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• my first was frank breech, we tried turning him, unsuccessfully at 38 weeks. He ended up being a planned c-section at 39 weeks. My advise to you is to not get bothered by having to have a c-section if the baby dosen't turn. It's not that bad. I was devestated that I wasen't having him naturally. After when I had time to think about it and now when I think back to it went just as it was meant to go and we were both fine.

AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• They can turn at any time. My oldest was breech on ultrasound so we scheduled a c-section for the next day. I went in and found out he had flipped the night before, so I didn't have the c-section. That was 38 weeks.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:43 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

luvbeinmomma

Answer by luvbeinmomma at 11:58 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think you can learn more about the options and save a cesarean for an emergency.
    You have plenty of options to help baby turn including labor which can work too.
    I have plenty of info to share, I will send it over.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• There's still time to flip again. You can ask your OB to do a version on you. C-section not my first choice either, but it wasn't the worst thing in the world. Good luck!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Oh, I am not upset if I have to have a c-section, I was just curious if this means I will be having one or if there is a chance she will flip. Kind of planning. My husband was breech when he was born and his mom delivered him because the hospital couldn't find or reach her doctor when she went into labor. I guess the labor was like 20 something hours. But that was in 1969. My husband is sooo getting teased now because Ari is breech.
    kuriequinn

Comment by kuriequinn (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Jul. 30, 2010