Do you ever listen to your childrens?

nowadays no one listen to their kids anymore. and this is a big problem because comunicate should be something that teach our children to do.
My mom never listen what i have to say, she never ask me why i'm sad or this things and when i wanted to talk she just told me she is busy and this things... so she never listen to me. do you do that?

Sofiah

Asked by Sofiah at 11:17 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would always make time to listen to them.

Answer by older at 11:18 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My kids are still small..but I listen to everything they have to say‚ô•
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i always make time to listen to them talk...I love what they have to say, and they love to keep going
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 11:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Listen to my childrens what?

And while I do listen to my children, that doesn't always mean that I agree or change. I am the parent, I am the decision-maker. They are free to respectfully express their opinions at all times, and I may listen and take into consideration what they are saying or how they are feeling, but I remain the parent.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 11:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I let my son have his opinion.As long as he doesn't say it in a hateful way.But that doesn't mean he will always get his way.My mother was like yours.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:20 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think I try to listen TOO much lol!! He's only 2-1/2 but we talk all the time - he's very verbal and loves to ask questions and we talk about the whys and hows about everything - I hope I never become that parent who pushes off her child or doesn't want to hear what he has to say.. My mom and I were so close and I felt I could talk about anything to her, I am trying to be just like her.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• most of the time yes i listen.. you miss some very important info if you dnt.. But sometimes.. I do only listen with 'half an ear' You know... like your husband does! LOL. Or at least mine. :O)
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 11:22 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Why would someone not take the time to listen to their kids? My kids aren't to a point yet where they are really saying anything I don't know, but that doesn't mean I don't take the time to listen to their opinions and feelings, that's part of being a good mom.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:25 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• If my kids are trying to talk to me, tell me a story, or ask me a question, I always listen. Even my 3 year old who loves to tell stories, I always listen.
    ohiomommyof2

Answer by ohiomommyof2 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I always listened to my children. I wanted to know about their days, the schoolmates that influenced their lives, and their problems big and small.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 30, 2010