Okay, ladies, one more research question... For the Pagan Ladies...

Again, I'm working on my "Pagan Sexuality" Blog series...

This time it's about Marriage, Hands-fasting and Divorce...

What are your views about Marriage?
Is it a legal or spiritual union?
Is it necessary?

What are your views about Hands-Fasting?
Do you prefer it to marriage?
Do you see them as one in the same?

What are your views on Divorce?
Should Divorce be looked down on?
Should Divorce be avoided accept in certain cases? What circumstances should Divorce be considered okay or not okay?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• What are your views about Marriage? I believe in marriage as a final sacred binding
    Is it a legal or spiritual union? both
    Is it necessary? no, only if the couple desire it

What are your views about Hands-Fasting? works for some , not for all
    Do you prefer it to marriage? I found that in my heart i did not feel committed when i was hand fasted
    Do you see them as one in the same? no because until you reach ayear and a day its not considered permeneant more like a trial peeriod

What are your views on Divorce? should be only as a very last resort and only due to emotional or physical abuse or both
    Should Divorce be looked down on? if it is divorce for spurious reasons yes
    Should Divorce be avoided accept in certain cases? What circumstances should Divorce be considered okay or not okay? to me its only ok if there is emotinal and/or phsyical abuse
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:25 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• What are your views about Marriage? I think that if two people truly love each other and the time is right, the its amazing.
    Is it a legal or spiritual union? A little of both
    Is it necessary?Definitely not

What are your views about Hands-Fasting? I personally don't really see a point in it
    Do you prefer it to marriage? No
    Do you see them as one in the same? No

What are your views on Divorce? I don't really like it.. but if it comes to that; then why stay unhappy?
    Should Divorce be looked down on? No..I dont believe so.. sometimes it really cannot be helped
    Should Divorce be avoided accept in certain cases? What circumstances should Divorce be considered okay or not okay? If either party is unhappy.. and it cannot be fixed.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:36 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• What are your views about Marriage? That it is a binding commitment
    Is it a legal or spiritual union? Both...
    Is it necessary? Yes and No... For some simply vowing to each other is enough. And for others the civil part is also just as
    important...

What are your views about Hands-Fasting? I have not been hand-fasted. I am planning to do so on our 20th, but for me it is only going to be for Spiritual reasons and a Blessing on our marriage. To me as I have seen and read, hand-fasting feels or looks like to much of a trial period .
    Do you prefer it to marriage? In a sense to some it is. To some once hand-fasted it is as permanent as a civil marriage, but for some it is not as complete. I personally prefer the civil marriage as binding and the hand-fasting as the Spiritual part of the union.

cont...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Okay, I don't need my answers, but I'll share them anyways...

What are your views about Marriage? I don't see a point to it.
    Is it a legal or spiritual union? Legal only
    Is it necessary? Not at all

What are your views about Hands-Fasting? It's a beautiful celebration of union
    Do you prefer it to marriage? Yes
    Do you see them as one in the same? Yes, but HF is the spiritual side to marriages legal.

What are your views on Divorce? I have no issue w/divorce.
    Should Divorce be looked down on? Nope.
    Should Divorce be avoided accept in certain cases? What circumstances should Divorce be considered okay or not okay? If you no longer love one another, there is no point to remaining married... Divorce is simply the legal proceedings to end an already ended relationship.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Do you see them as one in the same? No...

What are your views on Divorce? If is is necessary to do so.
    Should Divorce be looked down on? No...
    A divorce is a personal choice by both parties, sometimes it is a necessary and sometimes it's not. My personal beliefs are
    if the marriage is an abusive one (either party being the abuser) then it should end... as with adultery... once trust is lost it is almost impossible for it to be regained (but can happen)...but most other issues can be resolved and even make a marriage stronger...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:55 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• What are your views about Marriage? I THINK ITS A WONDERFUL THING
    Is it a legal or spiritual union? BOTH
    Is it necessary? SUPPOSE NOT BUT IT WAS FOR ME

What are your views about Hands-Fasting? AWESOME, WOULD LOVE TO DO IT WITH MY HUSBAND
    Do you prefer it to marriage? NOT NECESSARILY. I THINK ITS ONE WAY TO MARRY AND SHOULD BE DONE IF ITS WHAT THE COUPLE WANTS
    Do you see them as one in the same? BASICALLY, YES

What are your views on Divorce? IF NEEDED, DO IT
    Should Divorce be looked down on? NO
    Should Divorce be avoided accept in certain cases? What circumstances should Divorce be considered okay or not okay? IT SHOULD BE AVOIDED IF IT CAN BE...THAT MEANS TRY AND WORK OUT THE DIFFERENCES MATURELY AND WITH HELP IF NEEDBE. IF IT CANT BE WORKED OUT FOR WHATEVER REASON THEN SO BE IT.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• What are your views about Marriage? A binding commitment between two people who love each other 
    Is it a legal or spiritual union? A litle of both but more legal
    Is it necessary? no

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 12:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• What are your views about Marriage? ~civil right
    Is it a legal or spiritual union? ~legal
    Is it necessary? ~no

What are your views about Hands-Fasting? ~sacred, spiritual bond
    Do you prefer it to marriage? ~yes...because it's OPEN AND AVAILABLE TO ALL
    Do you see them as one in the same? ~no

What are your views on Divorce? ~sometimes it's what's best
    Should Divorce be looked down on? ~depends upon the reasons
    Should Divorce be avoided accept in certain cases? ~yes
    What circumstances should Divorce be considered okay or not okay? ~case by case basis
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• What are your views about Hands-Fasting? Like Sabrina I think that handfasting is a beautiful celebration of union
    Do you prefer it to marriage? Yes and I would love to get handfasting to someone I loved one of these dys
    Do you see them as one in the same? Yes again like Sabrina I think handfasting is the spiritual side to marriages legal

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 1:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• What are your views on Divorce? I dont really have any issues with divorce or handpartings as I call them
    Should Divorce be looked down on? No
    Should Divorce be avoided accept in certain cases? What circumstances should Divorce be considered okay or not okay? I think it should be avoided if it can be but if the two people are no longer happy or one of them is getting hurt by the other emotinal/phsyical abuse then they might need to get a divorce/handparting.

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 1:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2010