Do you have an interest in gardening?

I love growing roses. Many of the roses I've grown even have their own unique names like "Abraham Lincoln (a red rose), Tropicana (an orangey colored rose), etc. They are all considered hybrid roses giving off their beautiful color and fragrance. And they all need special care to stay healthy.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have a huge interest in gardening both flowers and veggies. I can't get enough of either one I have more flower beds then I can probably take care of right and still buy more flowers for them I am always looking to see what area of my 1 acre yard I can dig up next. Our garden is big but then I can food so we have to have it big and then it saves a ton of money at the grocery store also.
    My dh's dad was a huge grower of Roses I wish I would have gotten to know him before he died so we could of maybe grown roses together what will be will be since he died about 6 weeks after my dd & I met him.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I do but gardening doesn't have an interest in me, I have a purple thumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 11:36 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I do enjoy gardening, although I have much better luck with vegetables than flowers.
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Flowers not much interest in.. I would love to grow veggies & fruits though. But i am clueless :( I tried growing tomatoes & only got 3 small onces.. and 2 of those got picked by birds!!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Kudos to you with the roses. I have always heard they are hard to grow, although I understand there are "easier" ones now. we have a couple of tomato plants and some basil plus I have gladiola and lilies in the yard.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I do, but primarily for fruits & veggies. Our yard is a huge hill, half of which is now gone b/c my parents built a house in the very back of the yard, so we prefer to grow food on what land is left. What flowers I do grow are companion plants for the food garden, meant to either attract or repel specific garden pests. Oh, and I do have some pink roses growing on the side of the house where there is a narrow strip of land between our house & the neighbors.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yep, been doing it for years. I've grown those two roses you mention - I like one of the new hybrids Hot Cocoa.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I do, I started last summer. It nice seeing the stuff you planted grow.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 11:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I really don't - but I appreciate others that do. I grow herbs in my kitchen, but I rarely plant flowers outside. We have a lot of big trees and shade, so I just enjoy all the green.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I wish I could get roses to grow around here. I know the ones you are talking about and would love to have them.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 8:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010