part 2 about obsessing with ttc...

so i've decided i'm just going to put it out of my mind completely. I'm not going to go to the ttc group anymore or look at anything online anymore at all. I guess the thing thats got me upset the most is dh really only wants sex when he wants it. When i want it he never wants it..(when i think i'm ovulating)..not saying thats the only time i want it but i do want to try during that time too and it just pisses me off if he is "too tired" I'm just gonna give up..but i don't know how not to be pissed. How do i not be upset about it? How do i enjoy myself when he wants to have sex..i kinda feel like i'm losing my sex drive from this. i'm really stressed.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have an idea...get an idea of when you will be ovulating next. Plan on a babysitter for the kids for around that time. And tell hubby you just want a relaxing,romantic evening out for the two of you.Don't do any baby talk, any ovulating talk or any of that. Relax, have a great time and then have some wild,unhibited,in love sex with your husband..not thinking about conceiving at all. Maybe it will work..maye it won't..but at least you'll get some good loving and maybe even rekindle some of that fire and not feel so stressed out. :) Stress can do strange things to ones body...
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:53 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i think one of our biggest problems is he will wants sex like the week before or a few nights before and he will be set for the week...and then when i come on to him he pushes me away from being over exhausted. would it be wrong for me to turn him down when he wants it by saying i'm too tired that way maybe he would want it when i think i may be ovulating?
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• When I went to a fertility specialist they told us to have sex every other day from cycle day 10-22. That is before AND after ovulation. If he wants a baby just as much as you do, that should get him to stop complaining!

We tried for 3 years before having our 1st. I know how draining and stressful this process can be. Good luck to you!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• thats what some moms in the ttc group told me and i suggested this to him because my periods havent been regular and he said "when i'm tired i'm tired"
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'm sorry to say this, but it sounds like he's not really trying to have a baby.
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 6:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010