Would you return it?

I sold my son's bassinet last night. I was asking $30 but she paid me $27.

Now the woman says she doesn't think it's worth it (she spoke to my bf) and I guess she wants her money back (I'm at work and I haven't had the chance to call her yet but I'm sure that's what it is).

Would you tell her okay and give her the money back or would you tell her a deal is a deal and that she didn't have a problem with it last night?

I am the type of person to just say "Okay" and give her the money back and get the bassinet back and take it to Goodwill or something (we are moving so we don't have the space for it at the new house), but everyone at work told me I would be crazy to do that especially because we are in a very tight spot financially right now. :(

What should I do? What would you do?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 11:53 AM on Jul. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• do NOT give her money back. All sales are final and as is! Don't be a push-over on this...Be the super woman you know you are! ;) Let her know that she looked it over last night, ripped you off by $3 (come on she couldn't afford $3 more what a joke), and who knows what she did with it after she got it home. Tell her if she wants she can bring it back to you but she'll get NO refund and then don't answer her calls anymore. Good Luck and be strong!
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 11:58 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i would tell her you arent walmart and you were selling it because you really need the money. tell her you already put the money towards a bill and you are sorry
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• If it were me, I would probably call her and ask what was wrong with it. If it were something legitimate that I had not noticed, I would give the money back. If she had just decided she did not want it, I wouldn't.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• She should have thought it through before she bought it instead of deciding afterwards she didn't think it was worth the money. I think she is pretty rude for asking for her money back UNLESS there is a reason other than she has changed her mind..which it doesn't seem so.

So I would probably say as much as I understand she has changed her mind, you aren't willing to give her a refund because there isn't anything wrong with it other than her opinions of it have changed.

If you are in a tough spot financially then you don't need to be messed about like this so stick your ground.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'd tell her "tough s*it,a deals a deal" really? $27? She seriously didn't have $3 more?? Thats like the people who come to your rummage sale and try to get you down to a dime when its marked a quarter! lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'd say a deal is a deal.. If she wanted to be that picky then she could have bought it brand new.. that way she would have the ability to return it if she wanted to.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would use the excuse that you have already used the money and dont and will not have any money to pay her back.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• just give her the money back or she wont leave u alone! sorry!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I agree with shay1130.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Not to mention...you couldn't do that in a store could you? You have to have a legitimate reason for returning it. In the UK if you just said that to a store they may let you return it but you would be given a credit to buy something in store and unlikely to get your cash back in any other capacity.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010