how do you get time for your self when there is no one to watch your kids ? adult content

I am married but he works literally all the time and I have one baby sitter but she'll only watch my girls she refuses to watch my stepson which I understand because he is disrespectful lazy and dies everything he can to make people arond him unhappy but I am on the verge of a break down lol I never gt a break how do others do it I can't even afford to get a job let alone hire another baby sitter just for ss

msh88

Asked by msh88 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Have you told dh how hard this is on you and that you need time for yourself? We can't really afford a baby sitter either, my parent's help out when they can but they can't usually take all 3 kids. dh works 12 hr shifts but when he's on days when he come's home bedtime is his. He used to argue that he is tired after his shift and needed to relax. It took some time and me becoming depressed before he got it though. I do understand that he needs rest too but what is 30-60 mins when it's your wife's sanity at risk? It takes some tweaking and is still a work in progress but we are both commited to making it work.
    Maybe have a talk with dh and you both reevaluate what you want for your family and what needs to be done to achieve that.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I don't, lol. I'm with my son almost 24/7.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Do something just for yourself when they're asleep. Take time to do something you enjoy, a bath, exercise, whatever. Either get up a little earlier or do it after they're in bed for the night. I'm assuming they don't all nap @ the same time? That seems too good to be true
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Put them to bed an hour early.. Then cherish an hour alone. I enjoy 15 minute bathroom breaks :)
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Wait until my son is in bed or napping.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• How old are your kids?
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 12:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would make him do a sport, or something like karate or something. It'll straighten him out and you'll have some time =)
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 12:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i get a break when my dd goes to bed at night, thats when i get mommy time! she goes to bed at 8 pm!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 12:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• cant his mom take him?
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 12:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• with my schedule i can have "me time" during nap or bedtime, sometime both. it depends on what i have to do around the house. like laundry, if i do it during nap time, that leaves me free for bedtime. or i can just do laundry at bedtime and have me time at nap time. my 3yr old doesn't take naps anymore (except on the days he's super tired) so i have him take a rest...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010