She doesn't understand it's he I don't trust

My 14 year old daughter asked me last night if she could go to a friends house tomorrow afternoon. I asked her what friend it was and she told me. It wasn't a friend I knew well but she had been to his house for a party before and I had meet him and he seemed like a nice boy. So, I asked her who else was going to be at the house with them and she said it would just be them. :0 Umm, I don't think so. I explained that it wasn't her I didn't trust, it was him but she still is mad that I won't let her go. She is way to young to be going to guys houses alone but do you think that there is an age where teens should be allowed to go to the houses of opposite sexes?

Twosetsoftwi299

Asked by Twosetsoftwi299 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Tell her to have him over your house instead.

Answer by older at 12:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Invite him over to your house. She's gonna be mad either way and she'll just have to get over it :)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 12:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I second older. If their intentions are innocent,it should be no bother.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Don't worry mama, your doing the right thing! I would tell her that if she really wants to hang out with this friend that he is welcome at YOUR house so that you can monitor what is going on. As for placing an age limit on when this should start happening, I really couldn't answer that question. I was never allowed to go hang out at a boy's house at that age or even around 16 or 17, but my parents always welcomed my male and female friends to our house.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• yeah 18 or when they can firmly fight off any "advacnes"......if she wants to hang out with him then he can come to your house but never alone.....what wrong with hanging as a group?
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• KUDOS MOMMA!! no way should a 14 year old girl be ALONE in a house with an teen male. NOPE. that is how teen mommies are made. kudos to you for being a MOM in this. she might pout, be angry, hate you for it rightnow. but someday she will understand
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It's inappropriate for a 14 yr old to be alone in a boys house. I like what the other ladies had to say; just have her invite him over.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'm tellin you right now, if they want to have sex, they will do it, they'll find a way. I had a lot of guy friends growing up, and when we would hang out, we did stupid crap like play video games and light stuff on fire. I would let her go hang out with him, but sit her down and have that annoying talk with her, and talk about babies and condoms and all that fun stuff, and there will be less chance that she will have sex.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 12:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Are his parents going to be home? IF so call and talk to them. If there will be parents home what is the problem?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• When I was that a child I wasn't allowed at ANY friend's house if the parents weren't home. At the time I hated the rule, but now that I'm older I think it's an excellent rule. Maybe you could adopt that as your new house rule rather than associating it only with boys.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2010