Has anyone had an ultrasound where there was no embryo in the sac?

I have read that alot of women have gone back and had a follow up u/s a week or two later and saw the embryo there. The nurse told me either i'm not as far along as we thought or the baby just didn't grow...but I haven't miscarried, can anyone help me out or give me some hope?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You probably were just too early to see it :) I knew at 3 weeks that I was preggo (I took a blood test) but we could not see the embryo at all when I went in at 4 weeks. At 9 weeks we went back and BAM there is my little alien blob, heart beat and all! (And I say Alien Blob in the most affectionate way possible!)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• when i went in they found a sac but no baby they had to do a transvaginal us to find the baby im sure everything is gonna be fine just go back in a few weeks and get another
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• How far along are you> it may be too early.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Ya its easier to find the baby with a vaginal ultrasound then with a regular ultrasound when your less then 9 weeks. i haven't had a vaginal us but have heard its painful so. i'd wait a few weeks then try an us again.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 4:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• The vag ultrasound isn't painful at all and I'm a huge sissy when it comes to down there and exams. I'm almost 15 weeks and they were measuring yesterday and used both types of u/s on me and it was fine. anyways, I'd have them use one of those on you to check it out
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I had the vaginal ultrasound at about 5 weeks. Its not painful but is uncomfortable. If you had the regular ultrasound and your only a few weeks along, they might not have been able to locate it..it happened with me thats why we had to do the vaginal. Just wait a bit and see what happens. How far along are you?
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Vaginal u/s aren't painful or too uncomfortable. Its similar to how u got pregnant in the first place. Keep your doctor up to date. Your ob/gyn will have more answers than any of us on here without medical degrees. Good luck
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 6:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Hey, thank's everybody. Well they did do a vaginal ultrasound that day and didn't see anything. We thought I was about 9 weeks but I've always had irregular periods so we think maybe I conceived later than I thought. The sac only measured to be about 5 weeks...
    mommy_smitha

Answer by mommy_smitha at 12:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i had twins one didnt develope i had no bleeding it just was absorbed the other baby was fine one was not ever in the sack
    pegpeg

Answer by pegpeg at 10:49 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Well i'm 13 weeks now, around 8 weeks I went to a real doctor and he found the embryo in no time, but now it's a fetus!! yayyyy
    mommy_smitha

Answer by mommy_smitha at 12:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2008