Is "Spongebob" a cuss-word in your house?

Ever since that yellow porous idiot made his debut I could not stand the show. My husband feels the same way. We absolutely refuse to let our son watch it. While Nickelodeon does put out some good shows, it's almost getting to the point that we will have to ban Nick all together since they can't get their programming guide straight. 9 times out of 10 it will say something else (something we deem acceptable) is on and we tune to it only to find Spongebob on and have to scramble to find something else.

ncbirdie

Asked by ncbirdie at 12:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Entertainment

• Oh and by annoying I mean like nails on a chalkboard.. It really gets under my skin.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I like Spongebob and don't have a problem with my kids watching it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Their programming guide is always messed up! It gets aggravating. :-)
    We let Spongebob in here though. It's not a bad show here!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• WTH is so wrong with "Spongebob"? Dang...can a kid not watch some for pure entertainment? Why must it always be educational or bust?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No,Spongebob rocks! i don't know why folks get all bent out of shape over him...i wonder if parents in the past had issues with Looney Tunes. Now those are messed up! Shooting each other,dropping anvils and pianos on people's heads! Kinda pales in comparison to ol' Spongebob!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I don't like him but that is because I find his laugh annoying.. The kids and my hubby however love him and watch the show.. I see no harm in the show.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I don't mind Spongebob- he's a hard worker, loves his job. Loves his pet, seems pretty loyal...
    he's kinda loud and obnoxious, but jsut wants to have some fun!
    I don't hve any problem with it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• my son loves sponge bob.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I love spongebob. I hate cartoons normally but spongebob is soo cute and funny. My kids will be able to watch it when they get old enough, just in moderation like tv should be.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• We all like sponge bob here... my kids love to point out what is "just not right" LOL. But it's one of the few kid shows my hubby will watch... it's so cute to see the kids and Daddy cuddle up in the recliner watching it together. So I am thinking it's not all bad!! I don't let them watch it all day, but one or two episodes here there aren't going to stunt them or anything. ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010