MIL would u tell her???

if ur mother in law was a complete B*tch and ur hubby/ SO hates her as well would u tell her that ur Pregnant??? when would u tell her... if u did and how??

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 4:02 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I wasn't going to tell her. I was going to let her come visit and ask " Who's that??" We held out pretty long too. She found out after the ultrasound was done. it was like "Oh btw in case you're interested you're going to have a new grandson." Then we hung up the phone. She didn't call back for like a week. And of course she was still her usual self. But at least she didn't say anything to me.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• yeah we told her even though shes a wench and doesnt even talk to me and sits there and judges both of us and is just flat out rude. Shes still a grandma to the baby... i eventually told her that if she doesnt straighten up what makes her think i would want my baby around someone so negative and rude and heartless.. she still hasnt gotten the hint. But i had my SO tell her...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I would tell her. Maybe it will change her. I used to have no contact with my dad and stepmom because f the way they were when I was a kid, but since I had my daughter I see them every week almost and they really have changed with their attitude towards me and my husband.
    When I first got married, and my dad met my husband he didnt even get off the couch or say a word to him, but now they can talk.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I'd tell her. I actually was in that situation before and having her grand-child really helped the situation. It made her realize that if she wants to be in this child's life then she'd better straighten up
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Wow thats a good question. My dh and i are in the same situtation kinda. Only ours isn't preg ours is moving. But i think she has a right to know but if she's anything like my mil she has her precious baby girl (25 & has 2 kids) at home then she probably won't care.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 4:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I have a similar situation only not MIL its mother. My hubby and I decided not to tell her and then when i was like 7,8,9 mos preg and she asked if I was preg - I would answer her by crying and saying i knew i gained weight recently but i didnt think i looked THAT bad!! And then leave with her still wondering...LOL =) unfortunately it came out when I was 4 mos preg in the middle of a fight. Then she told me that she and her husb. don't help with the four boys we have and that she would NEVER help with 5!!! I wanted to punch her! Maybe u could try my original method - atleast u and ur DH could get some good laughs at her expense b4 she actually found out the truth =)
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• We didnt tell my MIL. Neither of us talked to her at all. My SILs of course told her, but we didnt have any contact with her at all. We didnt tell her anything about the baby, SILs did even though I asked them not to.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 4:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i have a MIL that is a B**** too, at times i guess when she wants to be and my SO cant stand her at times either. I would tell her when you got ready to let her know. There is nothing that she can say or do if she doesnt like o well she will eventually get over it.lol I think that i am pregnant as we speak but waiting to find out but if i am pregnant i am going to tell her when i think that the time is right for her to know because its me and my SO business not hers, but that is just my opinion. Good Luck!! You will know when you are ready to tell her. My SO's brother was the same way and with his girlfriend they didnt tell her until she was 7 months. then a month in half later came a baby girl. LOL its was funny though because i kinda knew about her being prego because i had a feeling and hey she sure was.lol but it was not my business to tell either. Best of Wishes
    Anonymous

• i would tell her just to have the chance of possibly pissing her off.
    kahmommy

Answer by kahmommy at 10:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2008