my two year old has a problem with staph.........

ok. ever scince she was 14months old we have been fighting staph. she has been in and out of the hospital and she has had to have surgery before. the type she has is MRSA it is DEADLY!!!! she is constantly on diff meds for it and nothing is helping!!! now she has this thing on her arm. i doesnt look like staph, but im not completely sure what it is. its big and swollan and hard. when my hubby gets home we are taking her to the dr. but any ways... does anybody have any advise on making the staph go away and never come back? im scared its going to adventualy kill her!

xkrystals.momx

Asked by xkrystals.momx at 12:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I'm sorry to hear this. I dont have a clue about it but I hope she gets better. Gl
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• thank you.
    xkrystals.momx

Comment by xkrystals.momx (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Has she been checked for primary (genetic) immune deficiencies (PID)? If she has an immune deficiency disease it may be able to be treated and she may have fewer or no infections. I was diagnosed with a PID called CVID when I was 32. My children were tested and all 3 have CVID. They are now adults and my only grandchild was diagnosed when he was 12 mo. He is now 22 mo and covered head to toe with infected eczema.

CVID can be treated with IV gamma globulin (IVIG). I get IVIG every 3 weeks. My children got it when they were young and then did well enough they didn't need them. They will most likely start needing them again when they are in their 30s.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My daughter went through this too. :( Hers was on her bottom due to the potty training and such. She was on so many different meds due to it I almost lost my mind! They never did surgery on it, but she did have tubes placed in her ears and they found an infection back there! She ended up having to get Rosephin (I think that's how you spell it) and that's about the hardest antibiotic you can get. She still has it every now and then though.
    One amazing thing you can do (and it almost always heals hers up within a day or two) is chck into Melaleuca products. If you have a friend who buys them then you can just give them the money to buy it for you (some people sell theirs on Ebay and such - and all their products are amazing), but there is this stuff called Melaleuca Oil (NOT the same a Tea Tree Oil or whatever it is called - it is way different). It numbs the pain naturally and cleanses and heals. (cont'd)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Lol, my daughter is 3 now and everytime she see's the Melaleuca Oil she says, "This is for my butt boo boo, right?" lol
    Memigen

• Here are the 10 Warning Signs for PIDs

1. Eight or more new ear infections a year

2. Two or more serious sinus infections a year

3. Two or more months on antibiotics with little effect

4. Two or more pneumonia's within a year

5. Failure of an infant to gain weight or grow normally

6. Recurrent, deep skin or organ abscess

7. Persistent thrush in mouth or skin after age 1

8. Need for intravenous antibiotics to clear infections

9. Two or more deep seated infections in 1 year

10. A family history of Primary Immunodeficiency Disease

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• the only kind of antibiotic that will treat hers is clindamison. however u spell it. and she has gottin so used to it that it just dont work anymore. from all the meds she has had to take its gottin to where she refused to take any kind of meds now. not even tylanol.
    xkrystals.momx

Comment by xkrystals.momx (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• This is what the Melaleuca Oil look slike. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/MELALEUCA-OIL-T36-C5-BRAND-NEW-/320557389230?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa2b595ae
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Poor baby, my daughter had the oposite effect and now thinks any meds in the house must be for her! lol... she is a nut! She even LOVES going to the doctor and cries if it isn't an appointment for her! *Face Palm*
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• If someone has 2 of the 10 warning signs they should be tested for PIDs. It's simple blood tests. Doctors don't think about it because PIDs are rare and they may have never seen a person with a PID. Sorry the warning signs are so spread out, I couldn't get the closer together.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2010