I am 10 weeks pregnant and I notice that when I bend over my lower stomach hurts. It does feel a little tender to the touch when I am just sitting. This is our first pregnancy so everything has me worried.

Is it normal to experience localized pain. It doesn't hurt constantly and it just started this evening. Any ideaS?

kristyne77

Asked by kristyne77 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Can you tell us at all in more detail what it feels like? If it feels a bit like a pulled muscle it could be round ligament pain. You're right around the length of time that it usually starts.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Thats normal, you will get an increasing amount of uncomfortable pains and tender spots as things go on. Severe pain or cramping, or bleeding are things to call your doctor about. Otherwise, get used to it, it only gets more exciting from here!
    oh, and Congrats MOMMA!
    Much Love
    Alex
    alex

Answer by alex at 9:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• its normal. i had it too... and i freaked out about it. its just your changing body stratching and growing.
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 1:21 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Its probably just everything stretching and making room. You have to consider the hard work that your body is doing right now and will do for the next 30 weeks. You will have all kinds of pains and soreness from now until you deliver, believe me, you will hurt in place you never knew existed. Try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 3:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I am prego with no2 and certain things are so different to pregnancy no1.
    I feel the same thinsg when I sit and additional to there occurs a pain every now and then that feels like i am getting on my period and I can't remember having that while being pregnant with Janeeva
    Janeeva2005

Answer by Janeeva2005 at 4:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow and i felt the same thing a week ago. It only lasted a couple days and went away. It scared me to, but I think every thing will be fine =)
    Tamara_Fisher

Answer by Tamara_Fisher at 1:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2008