how r u guys buying ur kids christmas stuff?

my dd 1st bday is dec 6th and then christmas then my hubby b-day and my moms and sister bday! i dont know how can offered it i'm getting laid off in 3 weeks but i dont get any money cause our company is temp closing for a yr. and i am moving to va cause dh is joining the af!

Britt12-06

Asked by Britt12-06 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Money & Work

• Even if it's only temp., you should still get unemployment. It's not much (I'm on it myself), but it'll help a little. As for how I'm paying for xmas...I'm not. My mom is going to do it for me, b/c I just can't do it this year. Today is my youngest's birthday, and I could barely afford $20 for a present. Believe me, I think we all know how you feel right now. We'll all get through it though. I just keep reminding myself that my grandparents went thru the Depression, and they are just fine, so the rest of us will be too. Just gotta get through now.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• www.graveyardmall.com

They are really cheap cause it's all "last season" but kids don't care. Shipping is only up to $10...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• we arn't doing presents this yr we dont have the money at all he may get a few warm clothes but thats all
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Have a home party (Scentsy, At Home America, Tupperware, etc.) and earn stuff for free. You can knock a lot of gifts off your list this way and you don't have to pay for them.
    Anonymous

• There is the Salvation Army's TOY'S for TOTS in VA. Oh but can you do that if your bf is in the military????
    laDiiBug2

Answer by laDiiBug2 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• With the extra income my home based business creates. Please feel free to visit my profile page and see what I do. You can do this to on your spare time. Join my webinar on Monday to see this amazing opportunity. You can email me or call me.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• We start very early. I have already started, we purchase a gift a week from Aug, after my DD b-day until Christmas. That covers everyone on both sides of our family and we have 2 large families, we are both 1 of 5 and of course almost everyone has at least 2 children. We also have a Kid Rule and an Amount Rule, only the kids get gifts and they have to be under $20.00. Once you have kids your out of the loop, so I don't get gifts for my sisters who have kids, but I do for my BIL who does not. My BIL gets gifts for the my girls, but not my husband and I. We also luck out because several of the kids are the same age and in the same family so we do the double gift thing - board game for the family, that type thing. However, this year there's been talk of only buying for your own kids and then the grandparents. Also, my DH and I do stockings for each other and wait until we get our tax return back to do something big.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 5:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Bargain shopping!! Plus we got some stuff last year at the end of the seaon...CLEARANCE, great time to get next years stuff....So keep that in mind for next year.

http://www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 5:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i buy things when they are on sale, Christmas was tight last year but this year they are getting spoiled.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I buy things all year long. Starting right after Christmas...i go to the end of season sales and pick up things for my whole family all year so by the time christmas comes, we dont have much shopping to do at all. I even buy stuff on sale that i dont know WHO its for yet....its just such a good deal that i buy it and put it aside. If a birthday comes up or holiday, i go into the "gift closet" and pick through what i have accumulated. Then at Christmastime, whatever is left that i dont use, i donate to local charities and toys for tots. You can find sales all over if you look in the right places. I found a rack of kids clothes at The Childrens PLace last week for 99cents each. I bought a bunch of things and have set them aside for gifts and next years summer clothes.
    modelmomof4

Answer by modelmomof4 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2008