Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

what to do?

I need some advice. I am having a hard time right now. My doctor took me out of work due to mental health issues. I am very depressed. Now that she has taken me out of work its making everything worse! I don't know how Im going to pay my bills. My boyfriend is going to leave me if I don't find a job. I still have my job but she took me out of it cause it was causing to much stress on me. What should I do. Just go back? I mean the state won't help me out any. I already tried! If you were me what would you do? I have two kids and I need to provide for them.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Health

Answers (4)
  • Can you talk to them where you work, and maybe see if they have some suggestions about lowering the stress in your current position? Can you seek out counseling to help you learn stress management skills? Honestly, those are the two things I would try first.

    Answer by mommy11260 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • Getting disability is a difficult process, but if you can't work you need to continue trying. Find an SSI attorney in your area who can at least give you some pointers. Outside of that, if you have kids to support, you have to do what you have to do. Find a job that is less stressful, enter talk therapy and learn some new coping skills, talk to your PCP about anti anxiety or mood stabilizing meds. If you are having such a difficult time you can't work, the medications you may be on now are clearly not working.

    Answer by Jenny-talia at 1:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • I would calm down and breathe.... Then I would take a moment to evaluate the situation... Does your work provide any medical leave? or employees helping employees that you might be able to use? Some do or a one time cash assistance from the state??? In the time your doc gave you off I would try to do something that helps me relax, like read a book, maybe do some meditating.... go for a run, start a work out routine... Everything happens for a reason and perhaps this is your chance to calm yourself and if it's an option for you maybe start looking for a less stressful job... As for the boyfriend? Don't let him add to your concerns, if he's going to leave you at a time like this, you don't need him anyway... Let him kick rocks if that's what he wants to you deserve someone that will help support you in anyway you need.

    Answer by littlestar85257 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • If your doctor took you off work duty, it would seem that you would qualify for State assistance. As far as your boyfriend goes," Gee,thanks for the support dude".

    Answer by bvannkissy at 2:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
false pos?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Wymen's Festival