3D Movies

I took my kids to see a 3D movie last night and we paid for the 3D glasses, we got to keep them. Tonight Cats and Dogs is playing in 3D and my kids have asked me for weeks to take them. My mom and I are going to take them tonight. My question is, can we just bring the glasses we bought last night instead of having to pay for 4 more and just be charged regular admission since we already have the 3D glasses?

PoisonousBlonde

Asked by PoisonousBlonde at 1:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• They don't charge you more because of the glasses, they charge you more because it costs them more to show a 3-D film. They have to have a special projector to show it and the films themselves cost them more to get. Here, the 3-D glasses are yours to keep or toss or return to the theater for recycling.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• no.. i wish.. but 3d movies here are 20 bucks!
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 1:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• we haven't tried the 3D~my little guy only has one eye vision so I don't think it would make sense to him.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• You should call the Theatre because I can't really imagine that they would sell you the glasses and then not let you bring your own... When else would a person use 3D glasse?
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• poisonous- how old is your toddler? cant imagine bringing mine to a movie and sitting there lol
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 1:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I know, it is expensive. That's why I was hoping to just be able to bring the glasses we bought last night instead of buying more. Thankfully my toddler is free.
    PoisonousBlonde

Comment by PoisonousBlonde (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Lmao exactly littlestar. They are really nice at the theater, I will just call a head of time. They didn't even charge my toddler for the glasses. What irritated me was they had no kid size 3D glasses, so my toddler was out of luck. They wouldn't stay on her face at all.
    PoisonousBlonde

Comment by PoisonousBlonde (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• She is 3 and she is soo good. She sat through the whole movie last night. She didn't get up once. When my 9 year old asked me a question my toddler looked at her and said "Shh be quiet" Lmao.
    PoisonousBlonde

Comment by PoisonousBlonde (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Cool thanks for the help. So the glasses were free then.
    PoisonousBlonde

Comment by PoisonousBlonde (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• lol that is good my 20 month old wowza wouldn't ever sit still to save her life yet lol
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 1:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2010