Different lives

Do you have a friend that has a life that is quite different than your own and it causes problems? My friend is so anti-kids and it makes it hard to relate to her when she just doesn't get it. She's one of these that thinks that since she babysat as a teen,she knows how childrearing goes. Throw in the fact that my son has a disability-autism- and she REALLY doesn't know anything. She's a serial student,4 different majors,no job in any of them. close to $20,ooo later,and she's nowhere near a career. She feels that she can poke in my lifestyle,but I don't dare say anything about hers. Thank God we live in different states and speak on the phone only once a week! She bugs me though because she'll stalk my facebook page and make comments on what I post,but won't say anything positive.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• unfortunatly friendships can grow apart and this seems to be one. we both met and became friends most likely when you had more things in common and both your lifes took different paths. sometimes its best just to leave it that way and to go your own way. i would try to explain that to her and that you dont appreciate the negative comments and would like to stay friends but if she is unable to be more respectful than you will have to block her on your facebook account.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No i dont have friends like that, but if she doesnt have anything nice to say to you or what you write, why be friends with her?
    Lisa_Lynn

Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 1:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• well, I can kinda relate- I'm single but my best friend has a super jealous controlling husband so it's always an issue when we hang out. He thinks I'm taking her out to meet all kinds of men and do all kinds of wild things, when she's actually more wild than I am!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Not much you can do.
    Some people just don't get it. I have a friend who asks me stupid questions and it's offensive but I just brush it off.like 'isn't a pacifier bad for her teeth?' 'why do you need to breastfeed so long? i wouldnt breastfeed a kid that can walk'
    lmao if you really want to be a friend all you can do is laugh...if not just stop calling her
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 1:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would ask if she doesn't say/talk positive about what you say or do then I may want to try and decide if the friendship is worth it. Just a thought. :)
    sissywilcox

Answer by sissywilcox at 2:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• From what you write and how you've written it, you don't seem to have a lot of respect for her life choices either. What's your friendship based on?
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2010