Leashing Kids...

Would you ever??!!
Picture in answers.

SwtSnowflake2

Asked by SwtSnowflake2 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL..funny pic.
    I have never had to leash one of my children but if it came down to a safety issue, I sure would.
    I wouldnt drag them on the floor though.I can see that happeneing...a toddler throwing a fit and not getting up off the store floor...a mom trying to stand her ground, ignore the behavior and just drag him along,lol.
    Its not right...but I understand it.
    I would have picked him up and put him in a shopping cart and marched him out to the car and back home where dad can watch him while I went and finished my shopping.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• We absolutely did! Toddlers can be fast and slippery.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:33 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't do it in Walmart, especially not dragging her!
    If I could go back to when we were in the airport when she was 4 and tiny (super skinny) then I would leash in a heartbeat. It's terrifying when your hands are full and your kid has to hold your belt loop and keep talking to you so you know she's there. When you can't see over the stuff in your arms and on your back and all the carts are being used. But other than that, I would never leash. She "stays" pretty well. And she "sits" and "begs" when asked too! :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• no! This looks like child abuse it can cause marks on their neck or chock them! They are NOT ANIMALS< they are children. It's your job to tach them to stay with you, hold their hand, put them in a buggy etc. I think Leashing is so ridiculous, If u need to keep them out of harms way like say when crossing a street pick them up and carry them if u have to.
    newmom179

Answer by newmom179 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I bought one when my son started walking. I'm a new mom and expected the walking milestone to be a tough one. I pictured myself chasing him all over the place because he wasnt big on holding my hand. I only used it once and it didnt really do me any good because he didnt run all over the place like a wildchild. He holds my hand just fine and if he does run off a an inappropriate time or place he's usually good at listening to me and coming back or I can catch up to him quickly.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• i have one child that we could probably leash!
    he wiggles out of any stroller seatbelt, highchair seatbelt, anything! he would probably escape from a leash too!
    until he gets beyond his NO phase, we avoid too many public places : ) we can't even take him to the grocery store now!
    it won't be long before he will be able to climb the fence in the back yard too!
    then he will be beyond a leash...maybe he will need an electric fence!
    I AM JUST KIDDING ABOUT THE ELECTRIC FENCE!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Well that is an extreme picture. She may of been just standing there, not dragging the child, while he finished his tantrum. I have used the monkey harness. I'd rather use that than my child getting run over. She is 3 now, and we don't use it anymore. But we have a few times in life when she thought running away was fun.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I totally agree with kimberlyinbrea. I don't use one but I can't criticise. If I had an infant in the cart & had to shop with them, it's better than having a heart attack when they run away from you & you cant find them. And those harnesses go around the shoulders and upper body not the neck. Yea, I have stopped and looked at them for sale at the store but i said Naaaa... I would be embarrassed to use it. But the photo is pretty funny!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I had one for use while we were in the yard. With his autism he has very little impulse control and he took off one time and got a block away before I caught him! I attached it to the clothesline.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Quoting "They are not Animals, they are children" Did you not take a science class? We are animals.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2010