An unemployment ...no bashing please

my sister is unemployed and has to call in every week to collect her weekly pay..she is going away for 2 weeks and won't be able to call i n...can she return after 2 weeks and still get benefits...or reapply?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• No... She will have to call each week otherwise she will be forfeiting and will have to reopen her case and it could cause a delay. She can do it online if that works or maybe you could help her?
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• what is she going in the woods with no phone?
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 1:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• She needs to call in, and report as being unable to work. Anything else is illegal

Answer by rkoloms at 1:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Why can't she phone in? I went to South Africa and could still call numbers in U.S while using skype , so maybe she should look into that!
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 1:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• if it's like Virginia, as long as she's applied for at least 2 jobs per week, and is willing and able to work, then she can still call in, or claim it online. if she gets a phone call will she be able to come back for an interview?
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• She should be able to call in no matter where she is going
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• cant she tell them she is going away?
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I had to do it for my husband a couple of times because he was unable to get online. Your sister can show you the steps online before she goes away and then when she is away you can go online and fill it out for her. You just need her SS no. and her password. My husband WAS able to claim for two weeks though, its better to be safe then sorry but he had no problem doing it for two weeks without having problems.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• See whereas when I was on UI and unavailable to call in because I didn't have access to a phone they actually did put a stop on my claim for not filing that week and I had to wait... The best thing to do would be for her to call UI office and find out for herself since it would appear everyone has a different answer
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010