does anyone know of rental websites that you dont have to be a member of to look at?

i am looking for a 3 bedroom but i dont want to pay alot of money because i have 3 kids and only a few hours at work, the hubby works but still not enough income, i live in san pero,ca and i am looking for either an apartment a duplex, or a house, i really want a little yard for the kids, thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• What do you mean by "a member of" You can look at rent.com. they have apts. If you don't want anyone calling you just put a fake number. If you are looking for houses I don't know for your area. In Houston we have HAR (Houston Area Realtors) site where you can put in the amount you want to spend and and the area and then if there is something available it will pop up.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• craig's list~...our changes about every hr with new listing with great pics sometimes~we have a ton of students in the pool and some places up the rent knowing the can get 4 to 8 people each paying a depo, security.

Or how about those places wanting 20 bucks to apply saying they have to run your credit and history~in a open house they are clearing some big bucks...and some places have the same place open weekend after weekend~good Luck~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• www.craigslist.org

If you are in the Chicago metro area: www.chicagoreader.com

Answer by rkoloms at 1:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• go to www.realtor.com and check off rental at top of your search (I think it's on the left)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• You would be surprised how cheaply you can buy a house now. The FHA has a new program called "Homefree" and you get the down payment knocked off and the prices of the houses are below $10,000. I purchased my home when I became a single Mom, I had heard horror stories about landlords and rental property. Yes, I have a very modest 3 bedroom home, nice yard. My payments were $284 a month and that was just property tax and homeowners insurance. I could not rent an apartment for that. A house is a major commitment, so be prepared to do the honey do list. Good luck.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 1:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010