Does anyone know...

of something I can do from home that doesn't cost $100 to start? I am looking for something to do from home where I can be with my kids and something that will be fun for a married mother of 2.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• The places that make you pay are generally scams, I thought I would mention that. It would be nice to think that there is a way to work from home without it being your own business but these days that isn't the case.

I fill out surveys on mindfieldonline.com but that isn't going to pay the bills. I have checked for at home work and what it boils down to is starting your own company...
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Work at home that requires a fee isn't always a scam. Any work at home business you will have a cost to run it but you are building income for YOU not someone else and you have the flexibility to work your own schedule. I have a 2yr old and 10mth old and really need the flexibility of a business vs. a job. The surveys you usually have to do a ton before you can cash out and the jobs are out there they are just harder to come by because you are competing with teveryone else to get them when they do come open. Look for the companies credentials and affiliations, address(no P.O.), service or product being offered, those are clues as to if it is legit or not.

I do Ameriplan and love it!! We are under $100 to get started and we get benefits to help us save money as well :-)

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 3:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 17 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!

Our start up cost is far below $100!!! I've tried a few home businesses, one had a start up cost of $995. :-( That was a waste of money.

I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

It does cost $99.00 to start...but it is sooooo worth it!!!! You also get that money right back!!! I personally offer incentives for signing up with Scensty. Check it out, and if I can help with any questions...just let me know.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 1:07 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 8:46 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Soylicious Candles is $10 to start if you catch the anniversary special tonight. It goes back up to $30-40 tomorrow. www.soydiva.com
    These candles smell amazing! you will love them!
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Check out http://www.shopgbg.com/bbuchanan to learn about my free biz opportunity! Good luck with your search!
    bbuchanan1985

Answer by bbuchanan1985 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2010