Does anyone use the sun brand oxyclean and do u think it works just as good as the real stuff?

I bought the sun brand of oxy clean and was wondering if anyone else has used it and did they like it?

Mrs.Sparkle

Asked by Mrs.Sparkle at 1:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yeah, I think that was the kind I used. Either that or the Dollar Store brand. It worked great.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Works fine. Water temperature and detergents are not what washes clothes... it is agitation. That is why you should never over load a washing machine. We, as a society, actually use too much detergent to wash our clothes. I buy the cheap stuff and dilute it, add a 1/2 c of borax and use a little vinegar in the rinse cycle. My clothes come out great....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My husband bought the Sun brand "Oxy Clean" for his work laundry, and he said that he thought it faded the colors of the towels he washed, which the regular Oxy Clean didn't. That's just what he reported--I don't know because I don't use either for our household laundry. He said he would NOT buy the generic again.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think it works just as well for regular washing. If I have a really tough stain and want to soak it out, I prefer the real "OxyClean."
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2010