How many of you have a housekeeper and what do u pay her? what does she do?

How many of you have a housekeeper and what do u pay her? what does she do? I am thinking of hiring one, b/c we moved into a house twice as large as our last one, and this bigger house is harder to keep up with especially with a 2 year old. but $ Has been kinda tight, I am hoping to find one that I can hire by the hour or something. what all does yours do and how long does it take them and what do u pay them- like how much? I found a lady that is gonna come see my house and give me a quote mayby next week. thanks

newmom179

Asked by newmom179 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• mine is free... myself :P
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 1:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Now house "keeper or "cleaner"~I do the "big clean" with a hire of cleaners~pay 300 bucks and the do floors, walls, windows~all dirt is theirs! they bring a team and are out in 2ish hrs. She offered every week for 100 bucks which would be cheap for all my floors and sliders. House cleaners are wanting work right now.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• look at www.care.com and www.sittercity.com. Both have housekeeping profiles as well as childcare. You can see what people in your area charge/pay. Search by zipcode. You can see ladies looking for help and ladies looking for jobs.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I had one about 6 years and it was gosh darn expensive - $225 a month for bi-weekly clean. They did the floors, bathrooms, wash down countertops, light dusting but that was about it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My husband and I do housecleaning services. We do estimates first but generally we charge $50 a job and it takes 4 man hours to tidy up...light dusting, change linens, tidy and quickly dust. Usually twice a month keeps us from having to spend too much time but the place looks great when we leave. If we come every week it's easier to keep up on dusting and deep cleaning, mopping, etc.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 3:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2010