Do you have a Matching boxspring and Mattress?? lol

So my dad and step mom are coming for a week to visit. My husband i were going to go out and buy a new queen size bed to put in the spare room. He came up with a GREAT idea of getting just a brand new mattress for our bed and moving our old one (its only 2 years old my husband cant sleep on it) into the spare room and putting it on a platform style bed so we wont need a new boxspring.
Well he told his mom what we were going to do bc she asked and she looked at him with this "are you serious" kind of look. She then said honey it is classless to have a mis matched boxspring and mattress...
i looked at her in disbelief and said "well honey i guess we have no class" AS A JOKE..which she didnt find funny! lol

SunShineMoMM

Asked by SunShineMoMM at 1:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Entertainment

• Welcome to the world of the classless! Hell for a while we didn't even have a boxspring. Just a mattress on the floor!
    Sounds more like she's the classless one talking like that. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• haha tell me about it! She really disapproved of us sleeping on an air mattress when we were broke newlyweds!
    SunShineMoMM

Comment by SunShineMoMM (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Lol, mine do currently match. But that being said, I am still LMAO, because someone would even say something like that over a stupid mattress and box spring!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yeah shes kinda crazy and in her own "everythings perfect world."
    SunShineMoMM

Comment by SunShineMoMM (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Nope. In fact, one of my box springs is longer than the other. I did not see that until one move when the bed was separated. I don't even have a headboard.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Ours matches because it is new, but I don't see why it matters.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yep, we bought it as a set. 10 years old, so eventually due for a replacement, but I want a King (or California King) and unless we can figure out a way to rearrange our furniture in our bedroom it will be a really tight squeeze. Think I'll just wait until we buy our next home.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• slap a dust ruffle on it and she won't know the difference lmao
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Put a bed skirt on the boxspring. Screw what your snooty MIL thinks! She dosnt pay your bills! Mine match but when I need a new mattress they will be mis matched. Cant tell what it looks like with a bed skirt on the boxspring anyways.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:29 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Well she's lucky she didn't have to sleep on the sofa. I actually heard from a Matress Co. that you DON'T have to always buy a new box spring every time you buy a new mattress. It's not her bed or her house, so I'd just chalk it up as one of those MIL remarks.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2010