IS IT POSSIBLE TO TELL THE SEX OF A BABY AT 12 WEEKS

I GOT A ULTASOUND AT 12 WEEKS N 4 DAYS AND THE TOLD ME ITS A BOY

Ahstarr

Asked by Ahstarr at 2:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Around that time they all have a little "nub" at their genitals. This will either become the penis or the clitoris.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 7:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• They can tell sometimes, but don't be surprised if they were wrong!
    Mena929

Answer by Mena929 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes, I was 12 weeks preggo and they was able to tell me she would be girl. I'll be going in next Wednsday to find out what our soon new little one will be.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I personally think thats to early to tell. I always had to wait until at least 18 to 20 wks to do ultrasound. My friend I am staying with now is 12 wks and you cannot tell the sex on the untrasound.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 2:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes, I was 12 week when they told me I was having a girl.
    KaiaNKiara

Answer by KaiaNKiara at 2:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• yes. if you have a good tech and a clear view you can tell what you're having that early, but it's rare that it happens. You should also ask for the sex at your 20 week us and hold off on buying blue till then because it's more likely to be wrong that early on. However it is easier to see a boy then a girl so it's most likely right. Either way good luck!
    knfisch

Answer by knfisch at 2:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I knew before 16 weeks I was having a boy...The tech said a baby boy will look like a turtle versus a girl won't.
    I never trusted her, lol, I have 3 girls so a boy was just to hard to believe
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think they can give you an idea, but at 20 weeks it's probably the best time.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I found out at like 16-17 weeks that I was having a boy. It was quite obvious lol
    Kissybratzmom

Answer by Kissybratzmom at 4:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It is possible for them to give you an idea. I would not buy anything yet though until I got a repeat ultrasound. 16-20 weeks is the best time to find out.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 4:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010