How can I get my 4 month old to nap in his crib?

My 4 month old son hates to nap in his crib. He sleeps in his crib at night pretty well, but during the day he will only nap in his bouncer or a swing. I tried to put him in the crib this week for his naps, but he would just cry and cry until I picked him up. I'd really like to get him in the habit of napping in his crib. Any advice?

jacksmom1225

Asked by jacksmom1225 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe try putting him in there with a favorite toy, let him play with the toy while your in the room, maybe turn on barney or something and then stand there and just watch him.
    Thats what I did with my sisters baby, who had this same problem.

Hope this helps.
    Ashley1872

Answer by Ashley1872 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Good ideas here and make sure he is really tired and ready to nap. Explain that he will nap in his crib now.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Sorry, I misread the age of your son. I read it as 14 months, so of course you can't explain the change to him. You may have to let him cry a little. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I have this same exact problem. My son turned 4 months last week and he hasn't napped in his crib for nearly a month. I did however manage to get him to nap just the other day. My theory is that he sleeps in a sleeper at night and I keep him in a onesie during the day. I think his legs and feet get cold. The one time I did get him to sleep I put pants and socks on him and he slept. We'll see if he keeps it up. I do have light blocking curtains in his room so his room is almost as dark during the day as it is at night.
    bbchic

Answer by bbchic at 9:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2010