So did you have a problem with 'The Orphan'?

I know i'm behind on the entertainment news, but I just caught it on HBO last night. (I really only watched because the actor in it is hot) but it got me thinking about the hoopla people made about how it discourages people from adopting. I'm thinking, it's just a cheesy stupid movie for people to get their thrill from! People need to lighten up! Did anyone freak out after "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle" came out? Did that movie discourage anyone from hiring a nanny? Jeeze, people just allow whatever to make their mind up about things, I swear.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 2:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• chopped headThat was a SCARY movie!! LOL

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It was cheesy. And those parents were morons. Of course the kid is gonna fly off the handle and start killing people because they were treating her like shit the moment they brought her home.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Well I could see their point if it dissuaded someone from adopting. The chances of adopting a little murdering woman who wears makeup and fake teeth and hair bows who will try to steal your hubby and kill you have got to be astronomical.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 2:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• That's why you adopt them when they're babies.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• april foolsThat movie was SO stupid!! No,that would not keep me from adopting,it was just a movie!!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I didn't have a problem with it. You could use that logic on most movies. War movies can be bad because it might glorify war, Disturbia could convince people that their neighbors are murders, etc. I think people need to take a chill pill. If that movie discouraged someone from adopting maybe they weren't really ready to adopt anyways
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Got this movie a long time ago.I think it was ok and I don't see where it would discourage anyone to adopt.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No, I didn't have a problem with it. Just a movie imho,
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 2:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Once I read what the big twist of the movie was I did not watch it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I did not catch the end. what twist?
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2010