breaking point

when you are at your wits end and you see the breaking point drawing near...what do you do to wind down and mellow out before you lose it completely? Oh and being by yourself is not an option? woo saaaah is just not cutting it.

sirenite

Asked by sirenite at 2:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I send the kids to thier rooms...alone!! Then the house gets quiet, I calm down, they stop what ever it is they shouldn't have been doing... it really works great for all of us... I don't yell and they know I have had enough.
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I cry - if my mom is available we go over there so I can vent - my son usually stops whining and crying by her anyway - or we go shopping or for a car ride or a stoller ride to change every one's mood- if it is close to his bedtime - i wait til then , then I will have a beer and read my book or take a bath or shower or cry again lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I put my daughter to bed early, order some chinese or a pizza, and seek support from cafemom.

But until my daughter goes to bed, I take her on a walk with her stroller. The stroller helps to create some space.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2010