Vent: I just lost $50

I got $50 for my B-day and I put it away in a "Safe" place & now I cannot find it! I can't remember if I put it back in my wallet and I don't think/remember I used it, I've had it in the back of my mind "when I need it, I have it." Now it's GONEEEEEE. I am so pissed.

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 2:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• Say a prayer to Saint Anthony. Evenif you're not religious, things seem to turn up when you ask him for help. I can't even tell you how many times money did or I think went missing. Hope it turns up!
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 3:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Hopefully it'll turn up! Sorry!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Ah man! I hate it when stuff like that happens. Maybe you'll find it someday when you really need it and it'll be a nice surprise.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I lost a $100 bill today. I am just livid.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Damn! I'm sorry!
    Stop thinking about it for a while, it'll come back to you.
    I did the same thing with the money for the electric bill once. I stuck it somewhere "safe" so we wouldn't accidently spend it before the bill came in the mail. The bill came and I had no idea where I put it! It got paid three days late because it took me so long to remember.
    Good luck remembering!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• It probably is in a place you never would think to look for it. Sometimes back tracking your steps can help you to figure out where it might be.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• arghhh so sorry. but to make a smal joke, its gonna be in the last place you look. : )
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I hope you find it soon.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 3:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Have you looked in pockets of seasonal clothes--I ALWAYS manage to find $5 or $10 stuffed in a pocket of a pair of jeans/shorts, a spring jacket or sweater I don't wear often. Look AROUND your "safe place" too!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• A friend of mine often tells her little one where she hides her spare cash incase she forgets... This way when she's looking for it she can ask the kid... My mother on the other hand writes these types of things down for this reason exactly :)
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2010