Psychic moments

have you ever had a feeling come over you that someone just got hurt,and you feel scared and panicky for that person? I remember when my sister was in labor-she lives in another state- i was standing by my kitchen counter when this feeling overwhelmed me and i said out loud."he's here and he's really sick. He may not make it!' and then I burst into tears. No more than a minute later,my mom called and said my nephew was born,but he was really sick from a staph infection,and it was touch and go. That was really scary for me!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What really weird is when you get really stressed out and the lights start going haywire... actually - I thought the fuse was bad on my automatic locks - no, brand new fuse and it STILL went nuts. Then I noticed, it only went crazy when I was upset or angry. I would be super pissed and the locks are re-locking at an incredibly fast rate... I focused on calming down, and tried singing along with the radio to get my mind off of it... and the locks stopped.

Super freaky.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I get that a lot actually, like, a lot a lot. Once, as my XH was getting ready to got out w some friends, I closed my eyes and saw headlights in the dark and for whatever reason I instantly knew the 'vision' was connected to him. I told him to be careful, and he went on his way. When he had gotten home really late that night, he woke me up to tell me about the drunk driver who was on the wrong side and almost hit my XH head on. He believed every one of my gut feelings after that.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 3:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I don't know if it's wild imagination or empathy....when I walk by people, it's like I feel their emotions...I can pick up on emotions faster than most people...
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I can't say I've ever experienced specific premonitions, I have had "sinking feelings" that something just wasn't right, but not sure what it could be--until afterward, then it makes sense. When I get these feelings, I try to hone in on my surroundings.

I have had a quite a few DeJa Vu moments though, which I find REALLY weird...I know I've had dreams where I am conscious of what I'm about to do, yet I am "powerless" to alter it!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I only get the "Uh Oh, something is going to happen" feeling. I never know where/who in my family it's going to hit but I HATE it and I just bless myself and hope for the best.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I remember when I was younger, I was supposed to go to six flags with a friend of mine and I had a dream her dad died so we could not go. That day my mother had a massive stroke in the middle of a softball game. I can't write that off as an odd coincidence. My mind was telling me something was going to happen to someone.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2010