for those of you who have older babies that still wake up for a night bottle...

i have a question for those of you that have babies that still wake up for a bottle at night. my son stopped needing a bottle at night when he was 5 months. i mean he would wake up and i would let him cry for 20 minutes before i would decide to make him a bottle, but after a couple of nights of that he would cry himself to sleep, and then eventually just slept through the night. can you tell me why your kids are still waking up? i'm not bashing, i'm just really wondering why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son wakes up in the middle of the night for a diaper change and i give him a lil bit of something to drink... dont u ever wake up and get thirsty?? i know i do!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• ok i must be weird then because i don't wake up thirsty...
    Anonymous

• I do sometimes wake up thirsty, but I've read that if you start giving a bottle or whatever during the night the child will just form a habit of wanting it usually around the same time every night.
    MixedNuts

Answer by MixedNuts at 6:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• It usually is parents who believe in attachment parenting. They don't let their children CIO and will comfort them immediately. Also, many attachment parenting moms also breast feed and believe in doing it on demand until the baby self-weans, whether it be at a couple months or a couple years, s they get up during the night to nurse if needed. Just depends on a person's parenting style and what works for them.

chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My daughters were over 1 before I took the bedtime bottle away. It only had water but they would wake up during the night for more. so I would make a warm bottle and put them back down... Now they have sippys of water for bed, on particularly dry/warm nights I may have to do refills. AP is not bad parenting just different. I like that my children feel I can meets there needs, and hopefully when they are teens still continue to look to me for their needs
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:12 AM on Oct. 4, 2008