Am I wrong for feeling agitated about this??

The other day, I was in a great mood, surfin the web and came across a website that is a lot like craigslist, but its got another name. ______YardSales.Com. Anyways, there is a "free" and a "wanted" section. Well, as I'm reading through this, I come across a girl who was in desperate need of food for her baby and herself and also just money for gas and to get to the store. Feeling great, I decided I would e-mail her, ask her if I could help pick her some items up from the the store since I needed to run anyways. She quickly e-mailed back and said "yes" and explained what she needed. I went to the store, got her a couple things, and drove to her house. Pulled up to her house which was a lot bigger than mine, and pulled my 10 year old SUV next to her gasless vehicle which was brand spankin new. I continue to the door and she answers in an expensive outfit. Cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• Next time you're in the giving mood, I would suggest donating to a local church or something... Somewhere you know that it's going to people who really need it because it would be unfortuante for the world to run out of people like you who are willing to give to others just because people take advantage of generousity these days... See if you can find a fave place to donate to...
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Now, normally I dont judge, but if you are that broke that you can't even buy a gallon of milk for your child, then what are you doing in such a big house with a brand new vehicle and nice name brand clothes? Am I wrong for being so upset over this? I feel like I should feel good for helping someone out, but I dont. I feel used. ....forgot I can't continue anonymously...hope she isn't on this website...or if she is, maybe she can help explain the situation better.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't jump to conclusions. She may be a SAHM, and her hubby left her high and dry. Stranger things have happened. And honestly, you never know, she may be on the verge of losing all of those "things". You were doing a great thing for someone that said they needed help, you should feel good about that regardless.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think you're a very nice person and while it's true, their situation is not known but I'm a lot more skeptical than a lot of the previous posters. I'm not buying that suddenly a job was lost or they are in the process of losing everything. It doesn't even come close to sounding like that is what is happening in her case. I agree with a previous suggestion though of donating to a church or maybe a food pantry. You know those places are helping those really in need.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• She's obviously a SCAM ARTIST!! Unfortunately you fell for it! Sorry!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Maybe it's a case of had everything and am in the process of LOSING everything...think about all the houses in any and every neighborhood that are being foreclosed on and all the people losing their jobs....Just be thankful that you have the life that you do, and pray that they can get back on their feet. Bad things happen to everyone regardless of socioeconomic differences.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• maybe there was a job lost or something real recently.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yea you guys are right. I don't know what their situation is. The only thing I do know, is that hubby and her are still together because she did state that in her posts, and they are a military family so who knows if he got kicked out or what. Feeling better already.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I also agree with wildflowers.

In the military no matter what your rank is, the family gets WIC. Also if her DH was in the military there are programs out there for women who's DH are deployed for assistance.
    I commend you for what you did, but if I were you I wouldn't do that for her again. There are hundreds of single parents out there who work their tails off to provided for their children, they don't stand in there door ways with there gucci covered hands out.

We do need more people out there are willing to help but there are so many scams out there no one wants to. I would say not only is the church/food bank a good idea but maybe you can go to a soup kitchen and volunteer there. That way you are only giving them your time, not your hard earned money.
    TruthfullyBlunt

Answer by TruthfullyBlunt at 4:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010