I NEED A PHONE! Does anyone know...

I have been using my cell phone ONLY for phone calls for the past couple of years. Problem is, I am constantly watching my minutes making sure I don't go over for the month. It's even harder since my DH shares the minutes with me. So my idea is to downgrade my cell phone package and use it for ER's ONLY and maybe get a cheap land line for the house.

Does anyone know of inexpensive phone companies? We use SPRINT and are paying almost $60.00 for 550 shared minutes, 500 text messages (incoming/outgoing), Nights/Weekends, Mobile to Mobile, and Nights (7pm) & Weekends. This might be an inexpensive package, but, I just cannot go through such limited minutes each month. Please help!

joannakitler

Asked by joannakitler at 3:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have a boost mobile and for $50.00/month I have unlimited minutes/text and web. I can call or text whoever i want whenever i want.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• We pay $100 a month but that includes unlimited EVERYTHING including internet, also can use our phones whatever time or day we need.
    cakright

Answer by cakright at 3:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• metro pcs i only pay 40 dollars a month and i have unlimited everything incl. internet
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• That $100 is for both of our phones, forgot to say Cricket
    cakright

Answer by cakright at 3:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes, we use straight talk. You buy the phone and cards at wal mart. It's 45 bucks a month for unlimited talk text and web (if you're phone allows web) I haven't had any problems at all. There are also 30 cards but I'm not sure what that gives you per month. Each month you buy a card and call to load in to your phone.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Oops I meant there are also $30 cards.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Charter is our cable/internet/phone provider and they are pretty cheap. :) That is the home phone.

You could also check into the Tracphones that are given to families for free if they are on Medicaid or Food Stamps.
    I think it's called Linked Wireless?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I have metro and have unltd talk, text, and web for $40/m...for 2 phones its $70/m and both get unltd talk, text, and web
    rocker_mommy_08

Answer by rocker_mommy_08 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• $69.99/first verizon phone, $10per month each additional. We have 700 shared minutes and mobile to mobile verizon is free. $10per line extra for unlimited text. But I have heard that verizon sells a smart phone which I heard is like $30/month unlimited calling, text and internet. I'm waiting till my contract is up then I'm going to look into smart phone. I currently have a land line where people can call me and it's free. If I want to call out it's like 3cents a min or something. That is like $10/month.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 3:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Sprint has always been too expensive in my book. I have Cricket & I pay $45/mo. Customer service SUCKS...matter of fact the whole friggin company sucks when doing business w them, but hey, for $45 /mo unlimited everything, I'll just keep my complaints to mysefl; not need to call India for every little prob I have w them lol
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 3:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2010