Why on earth do they still sell these?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B002TOKHLM/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=165796011&s=baby-products

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 3:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I understand you too OP. I feel helpless when I try to explain to my sister different things I don't agree with her on. I don't want to come out and act like I think she's a bad mom. I know she does she best she thinks she can do. I just don't understand why some people do things even though they have been told is it unsafe or better another way. We all do things differently and some people are just more stubborn than others or see things in a different light.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Because they are in it for the $$$ and there are still people out there who are uneducated that will buy them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• "Because they are in it for the $$$ and there are still people out there who are uneducated that will buy them."---- Are you serious?

Not to single you out of anything but your post made me stop reading the rest. If I'm repeating someone else, sorry! Like I said I could read no more!

How about we do some research before we say that these are dangerous or stupid or worthless. First off, this product is made for children 6 months and older!

For special need children theses are a god send! Children who are old enough to have solid foods but are not capable of being spoon fed, these nursers give them the ability to get the nourishment they need.

These bottles/nursers are not right for everyone and should not be used if your child can be smoothly transitioned to a spoon, when introduced to solid foods.

Come on people, think outside the box here, not everything is made just for you! Think of others once and a while.<
    TruthfullyBlunt

Answer by TruthfullyBlunt at 3:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My MIL told me to do that for my DS at night to make him sleep but I never did. It seems like it's a very old fashion thing. I'm surprised they even market them today.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I guess it just depends on the parents. I don't choose to feed my babies food until at least 6 months. Mine are breastfed exclusively until then.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think it's not the bottle that is the problem, but it's what could potentially, and does occur with the bottle. Selling it in normal stores is not the problem. The problem is doctors and other parents telling new parents it's ok or that their child should get started on solids too soon. It's a lack of education in our country. It is better to back up your insight with actual links to studies done. Something people can see instead of just "someone said this." I had people constantly telling me it was time to start my children on solids. I don't think it should be before 6 months. I also think all mommies should breastfeed and studies show that they should too, but I don't think a bottlefeeding mom is a bad mom. Now, a mommy knowingly abusing her child? I would have a huge problem with that. We just have too much information coming from different sources.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Bottles in general or those specifically?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Why wouldn't they sell these? Everyone does what they think is best for their baby.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Sorry! I'm late. lol
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• They have those weird thingies with the netting too to give the baby food through too! Crazy!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2010