Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

um...my 2.5 year ols says she ATE her earring!

I tried googling it. I'm not really worried but DH is. Should I go to the ER?

 
But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 3:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Kids' Health

Level 44 (181,635 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (12)
  • Gotta love the teasing ones!
    Kiwismommy19

    Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • I'd call the doctor about that one. Sure she isn't just teasing?
    Kiwismommy19

    Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • I would call my doctor.
    Brandi300

    Answer by Brandi300 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • Call her docs office and ask them. It is awfully sharp for it pass on it's own. It might get stuck or perforate her intestines.
    SleepingBeautee

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • I would at least call the nurse line at the dr's. If nothing else maybe it will ease your husband's mind.
    Codysmom2106

    Answer by Codysmom2106 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • Probably not. Do you know what kind of earring it was? If it's just a clip-on plastic thing there's probably nothing to worry about. If it's an earring for pierced ears there may be a reason to worry.

    Don't go to the ER *yet* but you should call her pediatrician. If he/she says to go to the ER, go. Otherwise, it may just come out the other end.

    My son ate half a box of crayons and a dime when he was little. It all came back out. :P
    WomanWitty

    Answer by WomanWitty at 3:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • Okay so after an entire bedroom search dopey had put them in her diaper! Ew! Little liar. lol. Glad she didn't really eat. She was pretty insistent!
    But_Mommie

    Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • Personal experience: It will come out. Call your pedi if you're worried, but it will come out. I know, because I swallowed one when I was a baby and it came out a day or so later. My mom never tires of that story, LOL.
    thatgirl70

    Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • That is GOOD! Little stinker! You should tickle her for that!
    SleepingBeautee

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • Lol she sounds cute! :)
    Brandi300

    Answer by Brandi300 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN