Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

need a doctor now! okc

I went to the hospital and found out i was pregnant ( my periods are crazy the last one was in feb) they did a small ultrasound and said 6 to 8 weeks and that i need to see a ob in the next few days ( i am throw up all the time and get very dizzy and pass out) but i can not find anyone to take me that soon since i am a new patient what do i do? Do you know a doctor that could get me in sooner i am worried and what to find out what is going on.


Asked by jenny.jourdan at 3:32 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 6 (105 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Getting dizzy and throwing up is what can happen when you are pregnant.

    There are diffrent causes and reasons. I would start the day by putitng some saltine crackers next to your bed before you get up and the eat small balanced meals ( of protein and carbs) to balance eachother out. This will keep your sugar level stable and small meals are easy to digest. So I would suggest like 6 small meals. The throwing up, different things work for different women. I used "sea bands," and drank sprite and ate skittles. For some odd reason those things worked. Maybe like natural Ginger ale ?

    If you are throwing up constantly and can't keep any fluids down then you need to go back in. Some women need medicine during their pregnancy due to the morning sickness. Also if you have any severe pain, especially located on one side or bleeding.

    If this is your first pregnancy I would go out and get a good book on what to expect too.

    Answer by J9Mommy at 3:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • Calm down.....if its a week or two til you get in to see one,you'll be fine.Just relax and make some calls.

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • The first thing you need to do is get on Medicaid, if you don't have it already. I *think* every state offers Medicaid for pregnant women, and it is really important for you to have some kind of insurance right now.

    Once you've gotten your temporary Medicaid info (which should happen the day you go into the Medicaid office), you'll have a list of doctors that accept it. Tell them you're pregnant, and generally they'll be able to get you in pretty quickly.

    Don't be put off by the idea that if a doctor accepts Medicaid, he/she must suck. I had it when I was pregnant with my son, and my OB was amazing!

    Good luck, and congratulations!

    Answer by WomanWitty at 3:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • thank you I have medicaid got it today my doctor can't get me in untill aug 19th but the hospital said to see a doctor in a few days they told me to just be careful and rest, i have to work though and cant get off until i get something from a doc, i throw up all day and get dizzy off and on every day and pass out almost once a day is this ok

    Comment by jenny.jourdan (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • Sorry I was limited in what I could type above to to the "characters left," anyway though you get the idea. Hope that helps.

    Oh and yes I have found most doctors will not see you until 8-10 weeks.

    Answer by J9Mommy at 3:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • those are normal symptoms but i would call the doctors you've talked to and ask them for a reference to another doctor or even use the "emergency" because fainting cause cause harm and tell them ur in a panic and need a ob asap

    Answer by Marie4522 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • Don't you have a primary physician? One you see for everything other than pregnancy. They usually do walk ins. If not go to a walk in clinic. I don' think fainting is part of a normal pregnancy.

    Answer by zoolady12 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • thank you

    Comment by jenny.jourdan (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2010