Spin Off: Worst Baby Product?

In your opinion and everyone is entitled to one, what is THE worst baby product they sell today? Something you may have even tried yourself?

One for me (& there are tons) is "Burts Bees Baby Wash". My DS got a mega rash from head to toe from it. It looked like he had Red polka Dots Everywhere.

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 3:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Spongebob thermometer. Seriously? Sticking Spongebob up a kid's butt?! lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Ooh, this is gonna turn into a debate, LOL.

I don't know... I haven't bought a product that didn't work great for my son and my family. The only thing I can think of is baby tubs. In MY experience, they have turned out to be pointless. Babies love sink baths, and then once they're too big, they go into a tub just fine. :)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 3:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• is the diaper genie still on the market? I had one. geez, why I was storing poop in the house like that~let's collect baby poop and store it for a week, and when it comes time to change it you are dealing with a sausage link of yucky diapers to tie off~

no BM's in the building~out to the trash with each sticky diaper~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Huggies Mango scented lotion...it caused my DS to breakout in hives.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• cradle cap kit. That doesnt work well for babies with hair. My son had a full head of thick black hair and that stuff didnt work worth a damn. Head and shoulders did tho :)
    rocker_mommy_08

Answer by rocker_mommy_08 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Butterflyblue19! That is Too Funny!!!! I have to go & pee....
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Haha surfcitymom...my aunt had one with her kids I called it the poopapiller when it was time to take it out...That was going to be my answer :) Oh, yes they still sell them by the way.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I have 5 babies, you would think I could think of SOMETHING, but maybe that's why I can't. lol I can definitely agree with the baby tubs and even the spongebob thermomether (good one!). I have used a baby tub, but I think they are too much hassle for me. I much prefer giving my babies a sink bath. On a side note, I love Burt's Bees. I'm sorry your baby had a rash with it.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'm gonna have to go with the diaper Genie as well. I would want to store all of those diapers, even if you couldn't smell them, lol. I take them straight to the trash.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Diaper Genie - I threw it out after the first time I had to empty it. Having a huge bag with stinky diapers in it was no fun!

I also had a wipes warmer that dried out the wipes really quickly. Stopped using that after about 2 weeks.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010