19 month old-diaper changing

Everytime I try to change my sons diaper he either runs for me or throws a fit and gets very frustrated with me for changing him. is this normal?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe he might be ready to try potty training?
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 3:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• we are trying to, but he gets scared that he is gonna fall in or gets impatient and won't wait long enough to go :/
    leann74016

Comment by leann74016 (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My son did the same thing. Try potty training. My son is 23 months and potty trained. Even the pooping is almost complete. Just wears a pull up to bed.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes .. normal for us at least- he's far too busy to let mommy change him and he is going through another HATES the potty phase. He's 2-1/2 and wants nothing to do with it and until recently he /we had a shifted around schedule which was hard for everyone to be on the same page for potty training so I think I missed the boat alitte - we are working on cold turkey, ANYWAY ..lol! yes, I would have to literally chase him and lay him down where he'd kick and scream and I would hold his arms down with my legs.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My daughter does the same thing lol. I just give her my phone to keep her entertained she is 20 months.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:59 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• does he stand up to be changed? after my son could stand on his own the only way to change him without problems was standing up. and i sometimes gave him a toy to play with.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 5:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• yes it's normal its because he is busy playing and doesn't want to take a break to do something so mundane as change his diaper. My son 13mnths does the same thing and starts trying to take off as soon as I have one side of his diaper fastened. Do you change him on the floor or on a changing table, try switching where you change him it might help.
    KristeenieB

Answer by KristeenieB at 10:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• Get a baby bjorn potty. It's small and low to the ground and is portable so you can bring it too him and it won't interrupt his play.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1608109/Elimination_Communication_Path_to_a_Diaper_Free_Baby
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:01 AM on Aug. 1, 2010