Would your husband defend you too??

My mil and sil don't like me. to the point that the sil made up a story that i put nail poish remover in her face wash and it got on her face and burned it. and that her 3 yr old was crying and had pinch markes all over from me (there are also 2 other grandkids in the family 5 y/o and 2 y/o). And instead of confronting me about it my mil started yelling at my husband and he told them he was never coming over there again. We moved a month later and he still hasn't talked to her. Its been 3 months now and she still hasn't bothered to call him. Then i found out last week his brothers gf ran over telling them that i confessed to everything. Only problem 1) i didn't have their cell phone niumber at the time 2) their cell phone was turned off.(found out after). So my question would your husabnd tell his mother that he wants nothing to do with her any more and tell you he no longer has a mom?????

EJsHottMama

Asked by EJsHottMama at 4:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• Well if my husband didn't stand up to his family after all that I would walk out.
    I would expect that he would follow his vow to you and make sure your are being supported. He doesn't necessarily need to cut his mother out of his life but he should at least warn her that if it doesn't stop he will. good luck!
    RenDanielle

Answer by RenDanielle at 4:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I've had my share of MIL issues....to the point we only see or talk to her on holiday's and NOT all holidays only the ones that we do with his side of the family.....

He will always have a Mom so it would be silly to say he doesn't; what that relationship will be like is going to depended on if he's backs you up or not. If he knows that what is going on is lies or not.....MY DH stood up to my MIL with me right there, because of what she was saying and doing and that what started all our problems.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• yep, my dh sure would! when i got home from having my son, my MIL came over and started cleaning and redecoraing my house...like i don't know how to. i gave my dh "the look" and he kicked her out, knowing i was pissed off at what she was doing. i had just had a baby, was recovering from a c-section, getting used to having a new baby, the LAST thing i needed was for my MIL to come and redo my house! and on top of that give my 2 weeks old diet coke? oh HELL no! my dh has NO problem getting onto his mom over something like that.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• mine definitely would! those are ridiculous accusations. i had the same problem and was confronted by some other members in his family and when they asked i just said do you really think i would do that? they believed me cause well the the other girl is known for being a liar and witch. so they said we didn't think so. that was with my ex husband. not my current. my current in laws and family love me very much.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My hubby would tell his family where to put it !!! He proves that to me everyday by being so thoughtful and helpful with our own family. We have 4 boys under 6 including twins and another due in a month. He has had to stand up to his dad before when his dad was out of line and at some points we didn't go over there for months at a time.Standing up to them made a huge difference. His dad had a drinking problem and quit drinking after one of those times. Now (unbelievably) we are living together with them and things are actually quite nice!! even my dh can't believe how good its been. Our boys love being there and my inlaws are super excited about us being there w/ the new baby soon. What do ya know sometimes cinderella stories are real. Now if only MY mom wasn't such a bitch...LOL
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i can't imagine this kind of turmoil in his family... now mine, I could see it. And I think he would defend me no matter which side of the family it was. And yours should too..... but sometimes our ropes-end is not their ropes-end. But I hope you've talked to him about it and know where he stands. At the same time.... I would never expect to hear my husband say he no longer has a mom, because it isn't so much his mom is it ? It's the sister-in-law. The MIL is maybe gullible and shouldn't be listening to the SIL, but that's how it falls.... I think it's the SIL that needs to be put in her place. Poor you, poor your husband... this just stinks for you two.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My husband just stops talking to people. And if that were the case, yes....he would stop talking to them.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• you are lucky that your husband does stand up for you. otherwise, you'd not only have problems with them, but him as well. my hubby stood up for me to his sister, who makes up lies about me as well. she told everyone that i never thanked her for the baby shower she had for me when i was preggo. when i said something to her about it, she told me she never got the thank you card....i saw it hanging on their fridge!!!! i'm not exactly sure why people like to make up lies...my hubby's sister in law is famous for that as well. just be glad your hubby can see right through them!!!
    Anonymous

• This isn't the first time my dh has had to defend me when it comes to his family. When my mil found out i was preg we weren't married and had only been dating 3 months. (thank god things worked out) she told him to "Run Away"(i found this out 3 yrs after) but told her oldest daughter to stop taking her bc so she could get preg!!! And my mil listens to what ever my sil says. the sil does it to everyone in the family and they didn't even have the balls to confront me about any of the stuff they said. my dh is the one that told me everything.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 5:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My husband loves his family , but he would totally defend me :)
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 5:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2008