I am dizzy all day almost please help

i get dizzy all day off and on i pass out from some of these spells i stay dizzy after i sit down and then that is when i pass out i cant get to the doctor until 8-19 and the hospital said to go to the doctor what do i do to help this. I am 8 weeks

jenny.jourdan

Asked by jenny.jourdan at 4:04 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would just tell the dr you can not wait that long and tell them what is going on. NO decent OB would make you wait with any sort of problem like that. You aren't getting enough oxygen and that can be very bad. Just go in or find a doctor who will see you.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• You need to go to the doctor, preferably the ER, ASAP. Dizziness with passing out is a sign of poor circulation and not addressing it can have life threatening consequences for you and your baby.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 4:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• EAT!!  It sounds as if you have low blood sugar which is very common during pregnancy.  When I was pregnant with my first I was standing at the counter in a bank and got all dizzy and hot and then WHAM! I passed out cold.  They called the ambulance and took me to the ER and found out it was low blood sugar.  Orange juice, apple juice, that's the quickest way to get sugar into your blood, but you have to eat.  Eat fruit, small amounts of anything all throughout the day.  When you get to your doctor appointment make sure to tell them about it.  They will probably run a quick blood test on you to determine if your sugar levels are too low.

TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Do you have a tendancy toard high blodd pressure? That will cause some bad dizzy spells, especialy if it gets really high.
    Also, as pp said..try eating. If your not eating enough, that could cause it too. If youre at a point where its hard to hold anything down, try eating small, healthy meals and snacks through out the day. Something high in carbs may be easier to hold down if you have a lot of morning sickness going on.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• thank you I told the doctors nurse today on the phone and she said that they can not do anything until they see me the first time and to be careful and lay down until then or go to the er
    jenny.jourdan

Comment by jenny.jourdan (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• yes tons of morning sickness and no other health problems oh the nurse said it is normal to get dizzy
    jenny.jourdan

Comment by jenny.jourdan (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010