Anyone else need to vent!!!???

So, I cleaned the whole house, did the dishes, and cooked a nice lunch (usually make sandwiches, but we were out of bread..) all so that I could go to work with Dh and take the car to do shopping while he's at work, cuz he hates going. Have to sit in the car for two hours while Dd takes a nap (she's teething right now, naps are important). And I planned it perfectly to where I was there to pick him up right after grocery shopping. We get home and he brings the groceries in and then goes up stairs to do homework, I call him down for dinner... and he instantly starts complaining about how bland the spaghetti is. Then I refuse to speak to him about it, want to change the topic, but he won't. So, I don't speak. Then my mom calls, and he's talking the whole time in the background telling me what to say, or saying what I said was wrong. I've told him a million times not to do this! Ugh. I'm so done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• HUGZ! I get my feelings hurt when he tells me something is bland, esp. when i feel like ive over seasoned it! Or if i really put hard work into it...i mean you dont like it dont eat it..but dont sit there shoveling it in talking about what could have been better either!! HATE THAt!! esp cuz he CANT cook! lol...lets see. my co-workers get on my last freakin nerve alot of days, but i love my job, and my super...so i try not to let it get to me....i just realized that if i dont find some extra money i WONT be able to pay my rent in september, atleast not ontime...ummm...hubbys financial aid hasnt kicked in for hubby so were gonna have to find a way to buy his books outta pocket! im thinkin i might just spaz out over that alone!!! its REALLY pretty here today and im stuck n the office til 8.......im thirsty with nothing to drink....and i have the munchies!! lol.(and not from smokin)......ummm....yea.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• None of these are really very serious issues. I think someone is probably just in a bad old mood today!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I know exactly what you mean some guys are just a wholes....
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 4:11 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Me personally.. I don't have any reason or need to vent.

But you feel free to vent away and get it out if you need to :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Start cooking enough for just you and the kids. When he asks why there isn't any food for him say: "You told me my cooking was bland, so I figured you would rather make your own meal to your own liking!" Talk to your DH when he's on the phone, he will get annoyed and just tell him that's how you feel when he does it to you. I used to be guilty of doing that to my DH. He would get so mad, so now I don't do it, but then he started doing it to me. I tell him he's a hippocrite. He will complain about things I do or don't do. When I finally get into the habit of doing what he wants, he will do whatever it was that I did that pissed him off. He has complained about my cooking and will go as far as to say I don't cook, so he can't be mad when I leave the cooking for him to do.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• let him cook his own meals that jerk
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think it's up to you how serious you feel this is, but it sounds to me like he's feeling stressed. not that his stress is more important than yours, but that's what I'm guessing.
    face it, most men are babies and he's acting like one.
    I'd ignore it for now, and when he calms down tell him how you feel.
    hope he listens.
    Anonymous