did you like strangers to touch your belly during pregnancy

everyone likes to touch the "belly" do you like it and let them and if not how do you say no

jenny.jourdan

Asked by jenny.jourdan at 4:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I work with the public, so I don't really get a choice.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No, I don't like it, its a little disturbing,lol. I usually will just put my hands on my belly..protective instinct I guess and smile, say thanks and walk on.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• That's the funny thing...I really never had anyone other than family try to touch my belly, but I hear a lot of women complain about strangers doing so. Guess I was just lucky?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I let them...I know when I see a pregnant belly I get the urge to touch it, so, I just let them. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I never said no. I just allowed it. I always felt awkward about it, but I also like to celebrate the belly. It's just a little weird when it's someone you don't know.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• NO I didn't!! If a stranger asked I turned slightly and just said "ahh, no thank you - that's just weird". If some just did it and didn't ask I got a lot harsher then that!! It's just rude and strange to go around touching people you dont' know!!! Funny thing is know one I know asked to touch me... they were very respectful!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 4:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would Hate it ...
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 4:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I don't like it when strangers ask to touch my belly. I personally find it really weird to have someone I don't know rubbing on my belly, lol. Besides, all my kids were grumpy in the belly.. They don't like being bothered, lol!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I never had a stranger even ask to touch my belly. Ask when I was due, but not touch it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• With my first baby I decided to grin and bear it but try to head off those situations by not being too close to anyone or suddenly rushing to the kitchen to do something. With my second baby I used to say, "I'm not comfortable with anyone touching my stomach. It's not personal, I just like my three feet of space." I wanted to buy a shirt that had printed on it "Don't touch unless you're the one who put the baby in there!" lol But I didn't.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010