Did you gain the reqested weight gain the Dr. told you when you got pregnant? WHy or why not?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 4:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They said anywhere from 25 - 30lbs I gained 22lbs total. So far I'm 28 weeks with my 2nd and I'm up 19lbs lol so I'm sure I'll surpass those 30lbs lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No. I didn't gain it because my body just didn't gain it. I ate ALL THE TIME! lol... I was STARVING! I finally gained 3 pounds and then he was born like three days later! Ha! Ha!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I wasn't given an amount to gain. I ate like normal only healthier. I gained what I gained. I was told to slow down a bit between Thanksgiving and Christmas because I gained 6lbs in one week, but, I would never not gain on purpose.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• My doctor knew that I lived a pretty healthy lifestyle, and never really game me a range. I gained 24 pounds

Answer by rkoloms at 4:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I'm only 26 weeks, but I haven't gained more than 2 lbs. At first I lost weight from the morning sickness, so then I did gain a little, but it went back to my starting weight. I asked my doctor about it at my last appointment and she said she isn't worried about it because all that really matters is that my baby is healthy and growing. I think my thing was because I was eating healthier for the baby, so my body would have been losing weight (I still at quite a few calories, it's just I ate more vegetables and fruit less fast food etc)
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• A healthy weight gain is anywhere between 5 and 35 lbs depending on baby size, mother size & build & first trimester weight loss... So yeah, I don't remember what I put on with the first too, but I'm sure I'll be right between there somewhere with this one and weight was never an issue with the others.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I only gained 16 pounds and Dr. kept asking if I was eating. I sure was! It's just the way it was with me. Wish I could eat like that now and not gain weight!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I was never given a number of lbs to gain. My midwife would ask me if I was watching what I was eating, thats about it! I did gain alot with all 4 (55-75lbs) each time, but it comes off really fast after they are born (thank god!) I actually weigh less than before I got pregnant with my 1st!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 4:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 4:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• They wanted me to stay under 15lb, and i only gained 1 :) I played a gain loose game from the diabetic diet i was on. The day before i delivered i was 1lb heavier than i was at my first visit :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2010