How much money did you bring to the hospital when you were delivering your baby?

...and how much did you spend?

Giinx

Asked by Giinx at 4:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my last, I packed a baggie full of changeand put it in my hospital bag..I think it was close to $20 in change...just so that my dh could go back and forth to the vending machines if he wanted or if my son wanted something while he was up there. I didnt' have to worry about trying to get change while I was there. I don't know how much was spent but all of it wasn't spent.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:21 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• $0.00...LOL My mom went and bought me a coke and some crackers.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• None and None...

Everything we needed was provided by the hospital & Parking is free for the couple delivering.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:16 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• $0.00

My hospital stay/delivery were fully paid for by my insurance. AndI really didn't feel like going shopping nor could I at the time....LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• None. They provide your food and your spouses meals if they are there with you. At least my hospital did. And they had a snack room available too, no cost. If you want any pictures done there you would have to pay for those. But my mom is a photographer so she did the birth pictures.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• the only money you would need would be money for your husband to get some food. we don't usually carry cash but i had my debit card
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• None. We didn't have any at the time!
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 4:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I had no money with me, the only thing that my SO bought me was a Grande White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks while I was there after the birth. and flowers w/ balloons of course.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Nothing. I went in for a routine stress test and left 5 days later with a baby.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 4:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• none, my parents brought me snacks and my husband went out to get food for himself, really the only time he actually drove himself around was when i was in the hospital having our kids :P lol he hates to drive!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 4:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2010