Not sure what happened???

Here it is my second pregnancy and I haven't really been sick. I will get nausea every once in a while but it's gone before it really aggrivates me. I smoke I know I shouldn't it's just so hard to put it down today when I woke up after my third puff I gagged that was weird. They haven't been bothering me really and when I went to my appointment I had the whole time I was in the car I was sick smoking made it worse and when I finally got to get something to eat to take it home oh my, the smell was over whelming I was starving and I completely was going to throw up I haven't been sick at all and that was the closest to throwing up I have gotten other time the back of my cheeks tighten and my mouth gets watery but it was bad I don't ever remember getting that bad sick in the car with my first. What was that about??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• every pregnancy is different, hormones are weird things. One pregnancy you can crave pickles and never have morning sickness they next the sight of pickles make you vomit..but never really have morning sickness...it's just a very odd phenomenon
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• every pregnancy is different! just when you think you have it undercontrol, your body likes to turn it on you just to keep you on your toes!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Maybe a sign it's time to quit?? OK sorry had to throw that in, I am so anti smoking it's not funny. The surge of hormones and the fact? you hadn't eaten prior to getting in the car. An empty stomach and hormones don't mix so well. And sometimes the heightened senses are enough. I love pepperoni, but the first trimester I couldn't get anywhere near it without feeling sick. Give it some time and it should clear up as your body adjusts to being pregnant again. Consider quitting tho' if not for yourself then for the baby. Hugs!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• every preg. is different. In comparison to my second to my first it was totally night and day. I spend 6 months straight stomach cramp ache in carrying my girl. This was nothing that I ever experience. I did not know that such could be. I went to the doctor but his advise was just that some pregnancy gets that bad, as long as everything was o.k w/ the baby. Body changes and the emotional roller coaster can be a headache at times but the blessing of the gift afterwards was a soul that was adorable.
    lovengrace

Answer by lovengrace at 4:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2008